• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Awesome FEX II experience

TheFurr7198

Besides the fact that the previous week we saw temp of 60 degrees this current week we had the high of 32 degrees. My camelback was useless the entire two days. On tuesday while we were digging into the defense on tuesday, it started to rain but it would freeze on contact so everybody in their gortex looked like a glazed donut after about 20 minutes. The weapon was absolutely covered as well. When we get back the LZ it is still raining our packs are absolutely frozen solid and we are told to bed down for the night. After about an hour of being moderately happy in my back bag and bivvy sack we are given the order at 2030 to pack our stuff up because we are stepping off at 2200 back to Camp barrett. So after packing our packs we had the pleasure of stripping off all of our warming layers and basically running back the house for 3 miles down MCB-2. But there was a good thing about this because by 0100 I was back in the house cleaning my rifle in a warm room. This has just been a couple of fun days for a FEX II. OOH RAH Team Punishment. Artic Alpha 1-08

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Besides the fact that the previous week we saw temp of 60 degrees this current week we had the high of 32 degrees. My camelback was useless the entire two days. On tuesday while we were digging into the defense on tuesday, it started to rain but it would freeze on contact so everybody in their gortex looked like a glazed donut after about 20 minutes. The weapon was absolutely covered as well. When we get back the LZ it is still raining our packs are absolutely frozen solid and we are told to bed down for the night. After about an hour of being moderately happy in my back bag and bivvy sack we are given the order at 2030 to pack our stuff up because we are stepping off at 2200 back to Camp barrett. So after packing our packs we had the pleasure of stripping off all of our warming layers and basically running back the house for 3 miles down MCB-2. But there was a good thing about this because by 0100 I was back in the house cleaning my rifle in a warm room. This has just been a couple of fun days for a FEX II. OOH RAH Team Punishment. Artic Alpha 1-08
No comfirmed kills during this debacle? Apalling. This further affirms my decision to go Navy.:D

UORBulldog

You just went straight down MCB-2? I remember struggling to stay awake on that 0100 death march from Falcon up MCB1 over 4 and back down Application. About 5.5 miles, no break

phrogpilot73

Hmmm... Sounds suspiciously like D-week for Frozen Fox when I went through. Misery. Of course, while you were out in the elements - I was fighting the worst traffic of my life in the DC area. The drive seemed to be going well, until I was "20 minutes" from home. Took me 2 hours to get home from there...

pjxc415

pilot
Hah ... we did the same exact thing in alpha last year for Fex I. apparently the decision was made to shut down the base for wednesday, leaving us with a lack of logistical support. We stepped off at about 2000 Tuesday night from DZ Raven to head back to Camp Barrett. Application Trail was completely glazed over and we had one Lt. slip and twist his ankle. Took the next 3 weeks to completely finish Fex I, I think Fex II was complete first.

In my six months up there the worst hump was by far the 1.5 miles from LZ 7 to DZ Raven during Fex I, packed up with essentially everything we owned. Compared to that the 15 miler was a breeze.

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
FEX 2 sucked. Concur it was like ice skating all the way home. I loved being a human glaze donut. Even better was that I did not have to sleep in the crap just walk for 1.5 hrs in it. Well I guess I dug my fighting holes in it all day so. glad to be done with that. Jzab OUT

Boom2

pilot
the guy who hurt his ankle was my roommate, he had to go to the emergency room because they thought he ruptured a his achilles tendon, even though we were still technically on fex I i had to drive out to the hospital to pick him up, there was a half inch of ice on my car and it took about 30 minutes to get it off, they were going to roll him to a later class but eventually he was able to stick around and just soloed in vt-6 on monday. The CO of alpha made a questionable call in taking application trail instead of mcb-2 in most of alpa co's opinion, but then again he's the same genius that hit another lt with his truck out at MOUT Town.

mcphart

that was a memorable hike. making it down the iced-up cardiac hill that night was probably one of the bigger challenges at TBS.

phrogpilot73

that was a memorable hike. making it down the iced-up cardiac hill that night was probably one of the bigger challenges at TBS.
I can't imagine what cardiac hill would be like when covered with ice... I imagine that I would just sit on my ass and slide...

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
Yes sliding would be fun, except for the 250 other LT's piling up on top of you at the bottom of Cardiac. But fun all the same.

Lawman

None
The CO of alpha made a questionable call in taking application trail instead of mcb-2 in most of alpa co's opinion, but then again he's the same genius that hit another lt with his truck out at MOUT Town.

He did What!?!? :confused:

jagges84

Semper Gumby "Always Flexible"
Yes, FEX II. I have a new appreciation for how much heat the ground will suck out of you. I had every piece of warming layer on, and I was still freezing. Oh, and the freezing rain. We did start some forest fires, that is always cool.

Team Punishment....YUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT