• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

aviation

kickthetires

alright heres the deal

ive been studying for the ASTB for about a month
ive been working my ass off getting into shape, even though i wont get my degree for another two years.
my gpa will be a 3.0 after this semester.

im applying for BDCP in a few months

initially i wanted only to fly jets. but now im just focusing on getting accepted and going from there. ive gotten a lot of help from here already..... but i will need more. you can count on that

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The only way that is possible (which is true that it is possible), is to be selected by the board (Pro-Reced), sign the paperwork for that community, but then either fail the next steps (PRT, MEPS, Security Clearance submission), and have them not select you as a final select, or just for some other random reason not get Final Selected. The point remains, his concern (I am guessing), is he doesn't want to sign that he going to go to OCS unless he knows what he is selected to do, through BDCP that situation doesn't exist (with the exception of course being failing a flight physical or something along those lines to lose your slot).
Mostly true. There have been times where a guy is within a year or so of graduating and he is eligible for BDCP but they just select him for OCS. Maybe they are out of BDCP quotas or a guy just doesn't have the grades or test scores for BDCP but otherwise is a solid candidate. They are willing to make him an offer but not so willing to spend the big bucks on him.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
I dont believe that is something Marine Officer recruiters tell their prospective Student Naval aviators...

I heard this from two different officers on separate occasions. I have also seen an officer give a briefing to a room full of freshman aviation students proclaiming the same statement.