• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation-themed EDG's

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Or, more real world.... You're a -60S HAC and have a training flight scheduled out of North Island or Oceana. Your DH tells you there are 13,500 rounds of 50 cal NCEA that the squadron hasn't shot for the year that expire that very day. You are to expend all ammo in your 2 hr flight with a single barrel. What do you do?

New barrel? Shoot it out and throw the other 3,500 rounds overboard in the range. Bam. Expired ammo gone and NCEA expended.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Oh shit! Wait, wait, let's make it more interesting... Host nation MARPAT is orbiting the area, instructing you to remain well clear of the area and TTW. You have no HN ships or helos in sight or on radar. The ship is screaming for someone to help, people are going to die... Now what?

Or, more real world.... You're a -60S HAC and have a training flight scheduled out of North Island or Oceana. Your DH tells you there are 13,500 rounds of 50 cal NCEA that the squadron hasn't shot for the year that expire that very day. You are to expend all ammo in your 2 hr flight with a single barrel. What do you do?
Same thing Ive done on every other gun flight: tell the crew chief to make sure all the rounds leave the aircraft. If a few happen to fall overboard...

I still don't think you get the joke.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
If that's the substance of what's being taught in terms of "Ethical Decisions"…"It's all about drunken superior senior officers"…I weep for the future.

Yeah, that's pretty much what we inherited. But, hey, at least these senior officers have found a solution.

Attachments

• CVWPINST 1412.23-3.pdf
    275.2 KB · Views: 35

ltedge46

Lost in the machine
None
Take a look at the "Another Skipper Relieved..." thread under current news. Plenty of examples of ethical decision games in there.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Yeah, that's pretty much what we inherited. But, hey, at least these senior officers have found a solution.
I'm dealing with this now for one of my E-2 DH's. The instruction is ridiculous. I'm hearing each community will be administering a written exam as well?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yeah I might believe you if I hadn't heard that tale from many active helo dudes. Wait, you're that DH, aren't you?!

That sounds familiar...but it was probably while I was a DH at a Reserve squadron.

ltedge46

Lost in the machine
None
The instruction is ridiculous.
Agreed, I've only seen one other communities instruction, but it was all of about 4 pages.

A DH I served with checked out on paper 2 days after the start date and had to do his board via telecon from Germany since he had already transferred.