• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Average PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccabe1919

I am training for OCC this fall and would like some advice. Can anyone tell me what the average amount of PT (running etc.) that is done a day?
Semper Fi

farkle84

you will start out running trails and cycle runs for about 3-4 miles. but you will max out at the end of OCC with running medal of honor and hard five mile trails, plus the endurance course, and other things which include rifle and your gear. i had a 21 minute three mile in the PFT going into PLC combined and i was fine with the PT. i actually liked PT, it beats being in the squad bay, field daying and getting tornadoed. good luck

mccabe1919

I heard you get a day off on the weekends like after the 3rd week. Is there any truth to this? Also are the 3-4 mile runs everyday? What else is there besides the basic pft stuff? Do the have the pit in Quanitico as well?
Thanks...

Taxman2A

War were declared.
The very shortest you will ever run at OCS is 3 miles, and the longest you will run will be a little over 5. You will run every day, except for when you are on liberty. Yes, you do get about a 24 hour liberty once a week after week 3, (although your sergeant instructors won't actually admit this until a day or two before you secure). There is no pit in Quantico.

Also, with regards to running, the first 5 weeks of OCS is generally run only in go fasters, and the last 5 weeks is generally running just in boots and utes.

mccabe1919

Yea boots and utes huh, got to love them. Are the runs mostly formation runs or individual? I know in boot they more on the formation side. I don't mind running and I just need to know where to gauge my training towards.

farkle84

depends on your platoon. some platoons have the rabbits and the turtles, where they divide groups into fast and slow. our platoon we just were split into our squads and ran at the pace of the platoon sgt or plt commander.

kmc9280

Wow, I've been told that you only run in go-fasters for the pft's, everything else was in boots & utes.

Kevin

kmc9280

Can anyone respond to this? My understanding was that at OCC you ran in boots and utes for all the runs except PFT's- when you run in go-fasters. Is the case or is it the first 5 weeks go-fasters and last 5 boots, utes. as stated on an above post?

reapergm

Do you run a minimum of 3 miles every single day? Or is the running aspect of PT just alternating around cross training stuff like courses? What takes up more time... PTing or Drill?

farkle84

when you do PT, it is an average of no less than 3 miles. you gradually work up to five miles. then the endurance run and harder PT. the endurance run was the hardest i thought. although the LRC runs in SULE II were tough too.

Status
Not open for further replies.