• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Austin OCS applicants

Status
Not open for further replies.

gin_e

anyone else from Austin TX trying to get into OCS? perhaps we can train together or swap info about our recruiters...

tnutz

gin_e, do you go to ut? i'm from houston, applying for ocs. i go to school in minnesota though... good to hear other texans applying. i'm shooting for sna.

gin_e

i graduated from the UT School of Architecture 2 years ago, i'm now working as an intern architect.

g

utrico

Applying for OCS
I go to UT right now and I am a senior in Engineering graduating in May. I have taken the ASTB but not turned in my app yet. I have really just started training but was in descent shape before I started from playing rugby and other sports.

rhightower

I am in Austin trying to get in, would be happy to train with you. What is your time line on trying to get in? Ryan

doubleeagle

gin_e; I went to UT and used the recruiters located in Dobie Mall. Lt. XXXXXXXXXXX was a good guy but the other guy was a goon. I don't know if either of them are still there or not. I'll be at OCS Nov 15 2003. Fire me an email b/c I knew several arch. majors while at UT. What are you applying for?

tali264

I'm with you on that one......let me know if he finds two open spots
icon_smile_wink.gif
LOL

ghost_ttu

Ok guys I'm gonna be the bad guy for a moment, but I'm a Texan and I can do that, And we beat Texas this year, so you gotta listen, and because I'm Ghost!

I don't have GOD rights on here (DAMMIT JOHN)!!! Or I would fix this for you, but John has been told from the powers to be to keep the names off of the board. If you could please edit your post and XXXXX out the names of the officers that would be a big help. There could be security issues or privacy issues with their names. Feel free to discuss them by name in the PM's.

Ok, I'm back to being nice Ghost again, sorry needed to complain for the better of everyone.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

bgeorge

Hey, anyone want to get together in Austin, email me at wildonchinaNOSPAM@hotmail.com (take out the NOSPAM)..
I think it would be interesting to meet other people wanting to go into the OCS.

mattnaegele

Hello in Austin,
I'm an Ensign right now having gone through OCS this previous fall. I can try and answer a few questions you guys might have. Over in dobie they usually have a couple of stash ensigns willing to answer questions you may have, or at least thats what i did before arriving here. By the way if any of you will be here in the late winter early spring you'll have to pass my office while getting your physical during the first week. Try not to look so scared it ruins my day. Hook'em sna

mikedjp

Hello everyone.

I'm in Austin too. I began my OCS application last fall, but I got distracted and put it on the back burner. I've almost finished everything and I want to resume where I left off now. Last fall I was staying at my parent's house and the nearest recruiter was in San Antonio. I didn't know that there was an officer recruiter here in Austin. I'm going to call them up and see if I can move my application up here since I don't really have the time to go to San Antonio. I need to get on the ball with my PT, it would be cool to train with whoever is interested in meeting.

mikedjp

Did anyone try to contact their community manager that they were applying to? I've turned in my application and I am brainstorming on anything I can do to improve my chances of getting picked up. I haven't posted stats and scores, and I don't want to just yet, but my GPA wasn't nearly as good as it should have been. Everything else looks good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.