• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2014 SWO Rolling Boards

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Congrats bro! Maybe I'll see you at OCS!
(I know this wasn't directed at me) but with my age critical kit for SNA/SNFO I have a feeling if picked up, I'll be going to OCS with you guys as well. FINSELs usually take 2-3 months to get takens care of. For example, a lot of the people who were picked up for pilot in early May, received their FINSELs on July 17th. So barring any situations like age or other special circumstances you might get your FINSEL end of September or so.

(Note: This is armchair guessing from me hanging around here for a while and watching dates go by for people)

binoly

If I had to guess, most likely we will end up being classmates. I'll just ask for the former MA1 ;).

I am trying to go as soon as possible although I'll take whatever they give me. Just ask for Brian lol. I'm sure that we're going to talk a lot more between now and shipping out. I'm in Panama City beach Florida, where is everyone else at?

AE2ENSIGN

I am trying to go as soon as possible although I'll take whatever they give me. Just ask for Brian lol. I'm sure that we're going to talk a lot more between now and shipping out. I'm in Panama City beach Florida, where is everyone else at?
Okay Brian will do. I'm in San Clemente, California.

hallissyc

Great job Chief! What did your stats looks like? Major, OAR, Evals?

Looking at your stats, you may want to bump your OAR. The Quality Threshold is 45 for SWO.

Edit: Not sure what the QT is for NFO/IP/SWO(IP) is though. I would assume that at a minimum you would want a 45 on the OAR to be competitive though.

We are relatively similar. I had 3 LOR's, 3.6 GPA (English Major), 10 years Active Navy, tons of "Officer-level" qualifications, etc.

R/
CTTC

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Looking at your stats, you may want to bump your OAR. The Quality Threshold is 45 for SWO.

Edit: Not sure what the QT is for NFO/IP/SWO(IP) is though. I would assume that at a minimum you would want a 45 on the OAR to be competitive though.

We are relatively similar. I had 3 LOR's, 3.6 GPA (English Major), 10 years Active Navy, tons of "Officer-level" qualifications, etc.

R/
CTTC

Quality threshold is one of those things that allows for a recruiter to get credit for the applicant upon submission, NFO looks at FOFAR which I always liked to see at 7 or above, the big things for IDC are degree, GPA, and a big plus is prior service.

I have seen many with outstanding GPA's and low OAR's get picked, and many with high OAR but low GPA get pushed aside, now high GPA and high OAR is a perfect combo, kind of like a really hot woman that is also smart, I still need to get me one of those :D

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Quality threshold is one of those things that allows for a recruiter to get credit for the applicant upon submission, NFO looks at FOFAR which I always liked to see at 7 or above, the big things for IDC are degree, GPA, and a big plus is prior service.

I have seen many with outstanding GPA's and low OAR's get picked, and many with high OAR but low GPA get pushed aside, now high GPA and high OAR is a perfect combo, kind of like a really hot woman that is also smart, I still need to get me one of those :D

I know that this is a SWO thread, so I don't want to blow it up with off topic questions, but.... What, in your opinion, constitutes a high OAR and a high GPA for IW(or just for OCS programs in general)?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know that this is a SWO thread, so I don't want to blow it up with off topic questions, but.... What, in your opinion, constitutes a high OAR and a high GPA for IW(or just for OCS programs in general)?
HIGH OAR = 70+
HIGH GPA = 3.8+
That answers your question right? NOPE!:(

How about this:

GPA highly competitive = 3.5 -4.0
GPA very competitive = 3.2-3.5
GPA average to below = 3.2-2.5

OAR highly competitive = 60+
OAR very competitive = 45-60
OAR average to below = 45-<30

ASTB highly competitive = 7 7 7 & up
ASTB very competitive = 6 6 6 to 7 7 7
ASTB average to below = 6 6 6 & below

* This is only my opinion fron board results I have observed here the past couple of years. They also vary from board to board depending upon selection percentage..

*Other opinions may vary; i.e. YMMV!

BzB

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
HIGH OAR = 70+
HIGH GPA = 3.8+
That answers your question right? NOPE!:(

How about this:

GPA highly competitive = 3.5 -4.0
GPA very competitive = 3.2-3.5
GPA average to below = 3.2-2.5

OAR highly competitive = 60+
OAR very competitive = 45-60
OAR average to below = 45-<30

ASTB highly competitive = 7 7 7 & up
ASTB very competitive = 6 6 6 to 7 7 7
ASTB average to below = 6 6 6 & below

* This is only my opinion fron board results I have observed here the past couple of years. They also vary from board to board depending upon selection percentage..

*Other opinions may vary; i.e. YMMV!

BzB

Thank you for the detailed answer. I think that this is good information to know, but at the same time I understand that this is not everything that the board takes into consideration (hence the rest of the application). It looks like I will fit right into the "very competitive" grouping for each of the categories, which makes me happy. :)

PHD Shelton

I dont really post on here but I do read a lot of post to gather information. I was notified on my BOL that I was PRO-REC Y for SWO for the 30JUL2014 board so I will put my stats to give everybody a glimps of what I have and you can compare it to yours.

Active Duty 6 years (AT2) (male)
Bachelors of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies (Psychology/Aviation Science)
GPA 3.1
ASTB: 46
(AW/SW)
Junior Sailor of the Quarter and YR (FY-12)
2 Good conducts, 1 NAM
Accelerated Advance to 3rd class
Command Advancement Program to 2nd class
Multiple LOA's and a LOC
4 MP's, 1 EP and newly frocked P as E5
8 Highly Recommended Appraisals from O3 to O6