• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Does anyone know how the relatively large number of intended SNA selects from this board will affect pilot boards in the near future? I'm kind of nervous that any intended SNA boards held in FY12 or FY13 might severely trimmed or cancelled due to the number of SNAs taken from this board. The recent quota trends for other designators (SWO, INTEL) aren't encouraging either.

Don't worry too much. The boards meeting in August are filling up some of the FY 2012 (which starts on 1 OCT 2011) slots. FY 2013 slots probably won't open up until the JAN-FEB 2012, judging by past years' performance. Unfortunately, with the current budget situation and upcoming cuts imminent, Big Navy isn't able to predict manning numbers very far in advance. So, what that means is that it's pretty much going to be a first come, first serve type deal where you'll be applying for slots as they open up every few months. So just standby to standby and keep in shape.

asomm1

Well its official, I won't be up for this board. Package didn't make it in prior to the April cancellation notice. SWO isn't selecting anyhow though. Ah well, what's an extra six months? :p
Ahhh, I've been repeating the same thing for over a year now...

It seems like so long. I have been at it now for about 16 months. To think when I originally started my application process I thought it would be bad to have to wait 4-5 months. Little did I know.

GreenLantern330

For me, the first time I walked into my OR's office was June 2010. Then I was told I had to wait a year for medical purposes before he could even work with me. February 2011 I went back and took the ASTB and then June 2011 I was finally eligible to start my application. So, technically I've only been at it for a few months, but I've been working towards this for a little over a year. It just sucks because I feel like this is taking forever, but I haven't even finished my application or been seen by a board. I really didn't think things would be this slow by the time I'd finally be able to put a package together; I was wrong.

I feel you guys. My first contact was July/August 2009 so its right around 2 years for me. I should be up for August though, SNA only for this board.

croakerfish

pilot
I first contacted an AF recruiter in October 09, and sat through two canceled boards before putting together a packet for the Navy this year. In the meantime I also applied for Navy Med Corps (Aerospace Phys) but found out 2 weeks too late that I was one class short of the academic pre-req's. So that makes 4 attempts at getting a commission without actually going before a board if you count the canceled April board. Hopefully persistence is about to pay off for all of us.

GreenLantern330

Was this due to a PRK / LASIK issue by any chance?

Nah, I was on medicine for ADD. NAMI's guide for getting a waiver for this was that I had to get off the meds for at a least a year and maintain good grades in school, which I've demonstrated. I've been busting my ass ever since, so in a way I feel like I've been applying for over a year lol but I know that's not technically the case.

Adam Webster

23/m
6/5/5 61
Applying for SWO, Int, Info Warfare, Pilot, NFA

God, I'm worried about this board. I know that SWO is closed, or nearly closed, and its my first choice by a large large margin. My recruiting officer tells me that if my packet is good enough, and I hope it is, that the possibility of getting SWO is still possible. The entire waiting thing is stressing me out, though. I might just crawl under a rock and stay there for a few weeks...then peek out my head in September to call my recruiter.

neppler

In 10 miles, turn left on V198...recalculating...
None
24/m
6/6/6 54
NFO, INT, SC

New to the site/forum. Best of luck to everyone!

Sparticusjmr

FS SNA Newport 21 Oct
I've been using this site mostly for reading/research for a while now but I guess I should post my stats considering I'm up for this board.

23/m
8/8/8 63
SNA, NFO, SWO
BBA-Finance 3.84gpa '09
Master's Science of Management 3.6gpa '11
PRK January 2010
4 LOR's. 1 former boss bronze star recipient, 1 former boss swat team commander, 1 family friend dual bronze star recipient, and another family friend distinguished flying cross recipient.
Private Pilot Certification with about 85 hours.
Several extra-curricular activities but nothing overly special.

Good luck to all and feel free to PM me with any questions!