• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

shutout39

pilot
unless everything lines up for another board after this, this will be the only chance for me. So just a bit nervous.

Same. I turned 25 in June - best case scenario is next board is in the spring of 2012 filling spots for FY2013. You need to get your commission before your 27th birthday. OCS is 16 weeks or so...do the math and 25 is cutting it close for another board since there are no age waivers for non-priors.

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
Same. I turned 25 in June - best case scenario is next board is in the spring of 2012 filling spots for FY2013. You need to get your commission before your 27th birthday. OCS is 16 weeks or so...do the math and 25 is cutting it close for another board since there are no age waivers for non-priors.

Option #1: Selected August 2012 - Not leaving till May 2012 - graduating August 2012 (Age 25)
Option #2: Selected February 2012 (this is pure speculation) - Not leaving till August 2012 - graduating November 2012 (Age 26)
Option #3: Selected May 2012 (Again, pure speculation) - Not leaving till November 2012 - graduating February 2013 (Age 26)

You have more than enough opportunities to be seen by the boards...at least two or three more. Make use of your time between your package submission and news from the board. Continue working, continue volunteering, continue taking extra classes. Make those contacts. Go to boards and speak with officers. Make contacts with the localish NROTC. By doing all of those things, you'll have more than enough for an application to be considered "significantly improved."

DO NOT LIVE THE LIFE OF REILY WHILE WAITING!

intelkw

I'm still on leave, but I called him yesterday and was told that the results were still being routed through CNRC and that Tuesday is now the estimated release date. I go back to work on Tuesday so I will be able to get better info then (If the results haven't been released yet).

Any updated news around the water cooler this morning?

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
Well, I talked to the OCS folks and they are still waiting on the results to be routed and signed by the COS. Everyone said that it could be anyday now, but most likely won't drag on into next week. I will continue to bug them on my end and will let everyone know as soon as I get word!

shutout39

pilot
Well, I talked to the OCS folks and they are still waiting on the results to be routed and signed by the COS. Everyone said that it could be anyday now, but most likely won't drag on into next week. I will continue to bug them on my end and will let everyone know as soon as I get word!

Thanks Millsra. What happens between the board selections and getting COS to sign off that slows the process down?

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
As it was explained to me is that the board gets a general number of folks they can select and they vote on every person with either 100% confidence, 75%, 50%, 25% or 0. After that, the board send it votes to get routed and numbers to get crunched. The top apps get selected from the actual number that is allowed to get selected. In short, the board doesn't "pick" people; they assign them a confidence grade and some admin guru picks the top people from the quotas. Also, they have to compile the list with SSNs, and figure out what NRDs or commands to send them to.

On a side note: my LT. was on the board and verified that they did not pick any NFOs or SWOs. He knew they weren't going to pick any SWOs, but thought they might pick a couple NFOs...no such luck.

mjv305

ENS SNA
millsra.. is it public knowledge on how many applicants went to the SNA board and how many applicants they were accepting?

staff03

I'm in the same boat, if not selected now I'll need a board to meet sometime before next August so I can get to OCS and graduate before next December. I'm trying to stay positive and tell myself there must be a single board in that time frame, but you never know...

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
millsra.. is it public knowledge on how many applicants went to the SNA board and how many applicants they were accepting?
As I recall it was something like over 300 and a 30% selection rate I remember it coming out to 120 something slots.. Things change like the wind though.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
I thought ocs is 12 weeks?

MGoBrew11

pilot
On a side note: my LT. was on the board and verified that they did not pick any NFOs or SWOs. He knew they weren't going to pick any SWOs, but thought they might pick a couple NFOs...no such luck.

Words cannot describe how frustrating that is to hear. My application has now been waiting to be looked at for 10 months. And I didn't get PRK to apply SNA because I didn't want to incur the 6 month wait. That turned out real well.

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
Those seem like incredibly good odds. Are selection rates normally that high?

For pilot, SWO, and NFO...usually. Obviously SWO and NFO were 0% and the IDC boards were only around 10%, but historically that is where they like to keep the odds. Of course it all depends on the quotas they have to work with.