• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 19, 2006

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Wait, Shannon, you actually WANT to go to RI instead? I am hoping for FL and preparing for RI, personally. I've spent some time in the northeast during Sept, Oct, and Nov before, and let me tell you. It's not fun in full length clothes and a coat, so I can't imagine it's fun to do it in thin PT clothes and sweats while getting your ass kicked...LOL...plus, the MAIN worry I have about OCS is that I will get hurt or sick, and have to roll, and it's a lot more likely that you will get sick in cold weather than in warm. But I guess it'll be what it will be.

J., welcome! Good to hear from you, what designator you going for?

ip568

None
Should be "besides Shannon and me?" as the preposition 'besides' requires the objective case, not the subjective.

There WILL be a writing test.

shannon

Well i'm from NY so RI wouldn't be too bad. We actually PT on campus in shorts and a light jacket when it is in the 30s and then just put wind pants on when it gets colder, so the cold won't bother me! The fall is good working out weather, not too hot, not too cold... That and 20 something hour drive vs 6 hours- hmm. I'll be glad to go and get it done where ever it is located.

metro

I dunno. Some guys over on USNavyOCS.com said they got their OCS acceptance letters and they said "Looking forward to having you at OCS, Pensacola, FL, Class XXX, October XX, 2007," so hopefully it's still in Florida. Dunno though.

oneillb

Aug 19

Yeah, I got a report date for Aug 19th. Im SNA and I am pumped. I run alot to get ready, but this summer i am gonna swim a lot. I heard that the swim part was tough

ELCID05

The swimming is not that bad. It is really just a matter of being comfortable in the water more than anything else.

metro

oneillb said:
Yeah, I got a report date for Aug 19th. Im SNA and I am pumped. I run alot to get ready, but this summer i am gonna swim a lot. I heard that the swim part was tough

Welcome, shipmate! The swim ain't too bad...can you swim 50 meters using either breast, back, side, freestyle stroke, or any combo thereof? Can you jump into the water from 10 feet or higher? Can you float for five minutes?

If so, you're pretty much straight.

metro

Hey all, if anyone who is in this class hasn't yet received my PMs about getting everyone's real email addresses together so we can get a mailing list/group started that way, consider this a fresh invite.

Just PM me your real email address if you are interested in the idea, and I'll put you on the list and get you involved in the group discussions.

ChiefLiam

Need Help. I am a retired Chief. Son graduated from FSU BS Finance, Trying to find out how to get into /apply for OCS. Local recruiter not telling everything to him . ( I should know I was one for 3 yrs). need some general advice and counseling on getting to a Officer Recruiter versus a local small town e-5 who is trying to ship my son out asap a a deck seaman.

T

TXHusker05

Chief, I think you can call 1-800-USA-NAVY and find your nearest officer recruiter but don't put that in stone. Maybe give it a try and if all they give you is an enlisted recruiter, keep looking.

shannon

Just giving this thread a bump. Anyone else in this class? I hope everyone is having a good summer.... getting in shape...getting stuff memorized.... :)

metro

You know it, shipmate! You better be doing the same!

I've been using Lt. Stew Smith's "12 Weeks to BUD/S" workout, with the running toned down just a bit, from the "Complete Guide to Navy SEAL Fitness" book he wrote.

I figure if I can do 1/2-3/4 of what those guys can do, I'll be cruising, at least with regards to PT.

Highly recommend the book to anyone looking for a good, quick, effective, and easy-to-use workout.

The only thing that gives me fits out of the Big 4 is the damn CoC. Pisses me off not knowing all the names and having to say "blank" when I should have to state a name. :icon_rage

supplyteacher

Hi all! I'm also in the Aug 19th class. Since I just finished the school year, I now am going to focus more completely on PTing.... any advice?