• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ATVs

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Okay, what do you folks ride and what's your dream machine?

I ride an 05 Can-Am outlander 500. It's good times, but more utility than sport. I'm thinking with the next bonus installment of getting my wife a Polaris RZR.

Any y'all have any experience with a RZR, Commander, or other sporty side by side?

borednstoked

I used a rhino quite a bit in the mountains this past summer. Maybe not the sportiest but I guess it depends on where you use it. The rhino has grat clearance, a big bed, and from what I've been told is a bit more solid, though that comes with more size and a little less maneuverability. We used it for trails, fishing, hauling wood, and the winch for dragging out the trees we cut down....chainsaw in the back. Came in handy in the rockies. Darn thing went everywhere and carried everything but the kitchen sink.

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
I'm the service manager for a John Deere dealer and I can tell you that the 825i & 855D Gator XUV's are very impressive. The 825i is a 3 cylinder fuel injected model and the 855D is diesel.

Both have excellent ground clearance and are true four wheel drive. Plus the accessories you can mount on them is almost endless.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
How sporty is the Gator? I've only seen very utilitarian versions. My wife won't admit it but she really wants a RZR. She got to drive one for a few hours back in September and she turned into an ATV demon behind the wheel, it was serious Mad Max shit going down!

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
john-deere-xuv-825i-action07.jpg

JohnDeere-GatorXUV825i-138.jpg

john-deere-xuv-825i-fleet.jpg

And if the wife likes pink:
vinyl-wrap-235-pink-camo-micro-4.jpg

They don't come from Deere in pink. We had this one wrapped and auctioned it off for the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.

A complete enclosed cab is available. It is a true 4 wheel drive in that the front end is not limited slip. When you engage the 4 wheel drive all 4 wheels provide power to the ground. On most other manufacturers the front end is a limited slip.