• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ATTN NAVSUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTGRAY

Hello I was reading your post in the other folder and it seems to suggest that the navy requires normal color perception to become a supply corp officer. I have researched this extensively and cannot find anything that validates this...My recruiter tells me that he does not know and to submit my paperwork and let them decide! Thanks for any help you can provide....

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
ask your recruiter or call BUMED what the vision requirements for an officer are. They might be different for restricted line officers, but you can get your REAL answer there.

navsup

BDCP Supply
GTGRAY, I honestly can't answer with any certainty. My recruiter had me take the full meps exam which included a color vision test. As far as I know I passed that but they lost it so I had to retake it at a local doctor which I know I passed. I was under the impression that color blindess would disqualify anybody because we have to perform watch and other tasks that would require it. All I know is that my package was up in front of the board and when they noticed it was missing they postponed a decision until I could get them a new test.

I would agree with bch. Also you could call your navy recruiting district(the civilians in charge of recruiting) they should be able to tell you too. My recruiter is new so for most of my question I call me NRD which is in kansas city. I hope you find some answers. If you do post them here. Good Luck!!!!

GTGRAY

Thanks for the quick reply and I will call my NRD and see what they have to say. I downloaded the Navy Medical Manual and it states that abnormal color perception is not a disqualifying factor for Restricted Line Officers. I was in the navy for eight years as a Disbursing Clerk (supply) and a supply corp officer doesn't stand any watches other then to get SWO qualified so I am hoping that it will not disqualify me from returning to the Navy as an officer. I will let everyone know what I discover.....

unfUSN

Something may have changed, but I doubt it... when I went through Supply school 2 years ago two of my good friends there where color blind... they both wanted to be pilots but couldn't. Actually, NFO's can be color blind if I am not mistaken... you only need to see color if you are a SWO or pilot.

LTjg Payne

GTGRAY

UNFUSN...thanks for the information! I too wanted to be a pilot until I found out that the what I thought was blue was actually purple..
boggled_125.gif
Oh well like I mentioned previously I have eight years enlisted supply time and I have been working at DFAS for almost a year so I should be an easy selection for Supply Corp. Hopefully I will find out in the next month....

Status
Not open for further replies.