• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Attn: All FY08 STA-21 Selectees post up!

Doc Riv

I'm applying for FY09 STA-21. Are there any 08 selectees in the San Diego area who would like to mentor me in the process? I've read all of Pensacola's guidelines and the OPNAVINST. I just want some pointers on ways to stand out and see the package you submitted to get a better idea on how it looks and how I can make mine more organized.

ELT(SS)

I'm applying for FY09 STA-21. Are there any 08 selectees in the San Diego area who would like to mentor me in the process? I've read all of Pensacola's guidelines and the OPNAVINST. I just want some pointers on ways to stand out and see the package you submitted to get a better idea on how it looks and how I can make mine more organized.
I will be going to SDSU, but I applied as a staff from a training command, so the CCCs office did everything for me. I got my LORs and wrote my personal statement at that was it. I just saw my completed package for the first time last week. So I really can't help you out a whole lot. I think the key is LORs. I had good evals, not great, really good SAT scores and a LOR that had a phone number on it to call if they have any further questions about my awesomeness. A good letter of recommendation should embarass you to read, that is how I decided which ones to include. Another thing that can't hurt is getting a Senator's letter. It obvuiously won't talk about how great you are, but it shows initiative and that never looks bad.

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
I was in a similar boat as ELTSS, but I was up in NY, in fact I still haven't seen a completed copy of my package.

ELT(SS)

I was in a similar boat as ELTSS, but I was up in NY, in fact I still haven't seen a completed copy of my package.
Had I known I was actually going to be using this on a routine basis I would have changed my stupid name to something not so stupid.(Insert frowny face) The only way I saw my package was to wait until the CCC was out of the office and talk the qualified student in there, he wouldn't let me see my COs endorsement though, what a jerkface.

BOCOD

Had I known I was actually going to be using this on a routine basis I would have changed my stupid name to something not so stupid.(Insert frowny face) The only way I saw my package was to wait until the CCC was out of the office and talk the qualified student in there, he wouldn't let me see my COs endorsement though, what a jerkface.

I actually got to see everyone's entire package (laugh it up) from NPTU just by asking. Maybe it had something to do with the decoder ring I got during CPO training season. I used them to help with my personal statement and CO endorsement. I wanted mine to be different because I know most commands that have numerous people applying use the same generic statements.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
I actually got to see everyone's entire package (laugh it up) from NPTU just by asking. Maybe it had something to do with the decoder ring I got during CPO training season. I used them to help with my personal statement and CO endorsement. I wanted mine to be different because I know most commands that have numerous people applying use the same generic statements.

Damn you got a decoder ring?! I never got one!

ELT(SS)

I actually got to see everyone's entire package (laugh it up) from NPTU just by asking.
I thought I had a chance to get you back, but then I noticed you already got yourself, I will have my revenge though, hopefully. On a different subject, I can't wait to get up there and get it over with and move on to San Diego.

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
I am proud to call myself a FY08 STA-21 Pilot selectee as of today. I was alternate but due to the misfortune of someone (thanks who ever hooked me up) I am now a primary. NSI in May. Hope to see some of you guys there.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
I am proud to call myself a FY08 STA-21 Pilot selectee as of today. I was alternate but due to the misfortune of someone (thanks who ever hooked me up) I am now a primary. NSI in May. Hope to see some of you guys there.

Congrats bro! I'm at BOOST now and will be in the same NSI class as you in May...

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
LOL I wont mess up my future. Glad to hear that some peeps for the VA area are going to be there with me.

See you soon!