• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB whole test or only OAR sections...?

plumadore11

If I have zero interest in being a pilot will I have to take the entire ASTB, or only the OAR sections? This may be on a case to case basis and perhaps I should direct this question to my OR, but I thought I could get a quick answer here. Thanks in advance.

BullGator

If I have zero interest in being a pilot will I have to take the entire ASTB, or only the OAR sections? This may be on a case to case basis and perhaps I should direct this question to my OR, but I thought I could get a quick answer here. Thanks in advance.
What designator(s) are you applying for?
And yes, your OR will know.

The common response is to just take the whole test even if you only need the first 3 sections' scores (OAR). After you finish the first 3 sections you get a 15 min break and then you do the SAT, ANT, and final section (also ANT).

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
For Intelligence, you will have to take all components of the ASTB:

Academic Qualifications Rating (AQR): (Score: 1–9) This score is a predictor of your performance in the academic portions of ground school training.

Pilot Flight Aptitude Rating (PFAR): (Score: 1–9) This score is a predictor of flight grades in primary flight training.

Flight Officer Flight Aptitude Training (FOFAR): (Score: 1–9) This score, like the PFAR, is a predictor of flight grades in primary flight training.

Officer Aptitude Rating (OAR): (Score: 20–80) This is a composite score derived from the combination of your test scores.

USNMark

ah... *sigh* you come into the house of AW with such talk...? :eek: You couldn't just say, "I'm not too interested in being a pilot," "my interests don't lay in Naval Aviation," etc.????
"zero interest"? I no has understand your ranguage! :icon_trou
I weep. I'm leaving in a few minutes to comfort the Cessnas parked a few miles away.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
What will you gain by NOT taking it? What will you lose by taking it?

Nothing... what is keeping you from taking the full test? It can only hurt you by not taking it.

swerdna

None
Contributor

Might as well do the whole thing. It's usually a pain to go there/schedule/take the test, and you really have nothing to lose. But study first.

Plus, if you take the whole thing, you can change your mind later on when applying for programs and not have to redo the test.

plumadore11

Thanks for all the input. Sorry if I offended anyone with my lack of interest in aviation. One other question.. do you get to use a calculator?