• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB...Tomorrow!!

JJH

Thanks for the heads up. I will be sure to go over that material. Anything else that sticks out please let me know.

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
Here's one that caught me off guard on the exam:

"Where on the ship is the 'forecastle' located?"

I believe I had that question. Also caught me off guard but I just thought of fore as "forward" and therefore the bow.

Navel_Avatar

I believe I had that question. Also caught me off guard but I just thought of fore as "forward" and therefore the bow.

I used the same logic when I came across it. Just did a google and it means:

"living quarters consisting of a superstructure in the bow of a merchant ship where the crew is housed."

It appears our guessing skills are superior.

Turnin&Burnin

The type of the planes and parts the ships kinda got me...other than that just follow what the other guys said...Plenty sleep, breakfast in the morning and most importantly-----Pray!!!

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
So what was your score? I really have no clue what the scores mean but I thought I'd ask. When I took the test, it was called the AQTFAR with only two scores. Same test I take it? Top score on each section was 9.

CalPolyPilot

ASTB...Check! Thanks for you help.

I just took the ASTB today and recieved a score of 7/8/8 50. My recruiter basically told me I could retake it to improve the 50, but that it is competitive enough in conjunction with my major in school and all my extracurriculars. Anyways I just wanted to say thanks for all the pointers and help yall gave me.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I just took the ASTB today and recieved a score of 7/8/8 50. My recruiter basically told me I could retake it to improve the 50, but that it is competitive enough in conjunction with my major in school and all my extracurriculars. Anyways I just wanted to say thanks for all the pointers and help yall gave me.

Nice scores, well done.

red_ryder

None
They take your scores on each section of the test, combine them in different ways to get each rating, and rank you on a bell curve compared to everyone else that takes it. Your score in each section is determined by regions of your percentile on the bell curve.

Each one is supposed to be a predictive indicator of your performance in different jobs I guess, out of a possible 9/9/9/80:

1. Academic Qualifications Rating (AQR) : This score is affected by performance on all sub tests, but the strongest influence is made by the Math Skills Test.

2. Pilot Flight Aptitude Rating (PFAR): This score is affected by performance on all sub tests, but the greatest contribution is made by the Aviation & Nautical Information and Spatial Apperception Tests.

3. Flight Officer Flight Aptitude Rating (FOFAR): This score is affected by performance on all sub tests, but the strongest influence is made by the Math Skills Test.

4. Officer Aptitude Rating (OAR): This score is affected by performance on the first three sub tests, Math Skills, Reading Comprehension, and Mechanical Comprehension.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Threads merged. Let's not start a new thread for every possible tangent related to taking one's ASTB.

Brett

Congratulations, good luck with the rest of the process.