• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Astb study group

AG3HEATHER

I would like to propose the creation of a study group for those who are planning to take the ASTB. I am in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area and am willing to drive pretty much any where between here and Washington DC. If you are interested, please do send me a pm. Thank you. FYI, my plan is to take it in early June.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
While I applaud your enthusiasm, to be honest, what you really need to do is get the test study guide, go to coffee shop of your choice, and spend perhaps one short afternoon reviewing the info. If it takes much more than that you are either wasting time, or trying too hard.

AG3HEATHER

Thank you for the input. The study guide is good, but if I set out to explain the components of the empennage, for example, to someone with minimal aviation experience, with success, it will more likely stay with me.

nikiterp86

Pro-rec'd INTEL!!!!!
I think it's a good idea if you're a "group learner." I personally would've liked to have had a few group study sessions before I took it- you solidify what you already know through teaching people things they don't know, and whatever you don't understand, someone else in the group might. Plus, the fact that it's high school material can be a problem for people who haven't done this type of stuff since high school. If I hadn't already taken it, I would've taken you up on this :(

AG3HEATHER

Thank you NIKERP86! Well, the first time I took the test, I was mistakingly given only the OAR for which I scored a 37. The second time, about eight months later after doing a stint with Naval Security (using more my instincts instead than my mind), I took the entire ASTB and scored a 31 on the OAR and 2's across the board for the other three:( I have been out of college for four years now and high school for 12, so I definately need the brushing up in algebra and physics. This is my last opportunity to take the ASTB and I am confident I will do well since I have been studying, but wanted to see if any one would like to compare notes and practice explaining such theories and math as well.