• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpiddycanfly

Just took the new version of the ASTB. OAR sucked, 42. But my other scores were 5/5/6. I have 75 hrs. of flight time, a private pilot license and a lot of good references, although none from the Corps. My references include two close friends who are Navy 0-5s, both F-18 pilots. One is the CO of the Strike Fighter Wing Pacific's Reserve Unit, the other an instructor with VFA-122. Also an active Air Force Lt. Colonel (F-16 pilot), the President of the Airlift/Tanker association and hopefully a retired Air Force 4-star (still waiting on him). With all that being said, would I have a decent shot at a pilot spot with the Marines? The Navy is starting to tick me off. They are basically telling people to forget about the Navy since spots are so tight.

NickPollock19

Prospective Candidate for OCS
you have a good chance, you may need to retake the ASTB, i may be wrong, but i was under the impression you needed a 4/6/6 on the ASTB to be accepted as an aircontract. if you got the middle score to a 6 i bet you are guaranteed in, because my references weren't have as impressive as yours are, and i got accepted. i believe the aircontract relies mainly on the ASTB score. Also, just ask your OSO about your chances, my OSO told me everything i needed to have to get accepted, i did everything he told me, and i got accepted.

hope that helps
-nick

Looey

In the Marines your OAR is not a factor. It only comes into play when applying for a Navy Officer program. To evaluate your mental aptitudes the Marines use either the ASVAB on which you must score above 74, or your SAT score. I think the SAT has to be above 1000 (not completely sure). Your ASTB will have to be taken again to bring up that middle number. Also, if you want an air contract you should 270 PFT depending on where your coming from. Your PFT score will probably be the deciding factor in your application since physical fitness is the main determinant of whether you will attrite from OCS.

ColdSteel

You can't spell lost without Lt.
I see that you have ambition to be a Marine avaitor, but the question is do you have the ambition to be a Marine. Remember Marine first. If those ASTB scores are passing, you shouldn't have any problem being contracted unless your pft is bad (I mean bad) or you have some past criminal record.

Status
Not open for further replies.