• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaysplane

Hi I have a question about the ASTB test program, I am now in my freshman year of college and I want to take the ASTB test, and I also want to try for the BDCP, I would like to know if I were to take the ASTB and be accepted as an Pilot or a NFO but not for the BDCP would I still be able to go after I finished my Degree, I mean would I go to OCS after I got done with my Degree and still be accepted in to the Pilot or NFO or would I have to wait till I finished my degree before I could be accepted in to Pilot or NFO?

Thanks

J

NuSnake

When you apply, your recruiter will send off your package for 2 things. 1) He will send it off for a SNA/SNFO slot with BDCP, 2) He will send off your package for just a SNA/SNFO slot. This is what my recruiter said they did. That way if you dont get selected for the BDCP program you'll still have a shot at getting in the flight program. And yes, if accepted while you are in college you will go in after you graduate. You can apply while still in college or you can wait till youre done, but I think anyone on this board will tell you to go ahead and apply, if you get sot down, apply again and keep on tryin. Study hard for the ASTB and blow it out, that'll be the best thing you can do at the moment, plus staying in shape. Hope this helps. If you have any more questions just send me a message and I'll try to answer them the best I can, I'm in the BDCP program so thats about all I can tell yuo about, but go ahead and ask if you have any questions.

Jaysplane

What about Calculators when taking the ASTB test do they let you if so on what parts, also to be competitive in the BDCP what type of grades do I need and how about volunteering and other stuff like that for the BDCP?

Thanks

J

aiguo

No calculators...as far as the other stuff, I was told that you need at least a 3.5 to be competitive unless you have outstanding qualifications in other areas. The application asks for work experience, athletics, and extra-curricular activities.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST IN A THREAD BEFORE YOU POST A RESPONSE.

-lower level management

Status
Not open for further replies.