• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB - Prep/Study Guide feedback

njk1

Hello everyone,

I'm currently studying for the ASTB. I am really struggling with the mechanical comprehension portion of the exam. I have looked at the various resource / study guides that are available, (Arco, Barrons, etc...), but they don't help.

I'd was wondering if there was a really good resource, either in print or online someone could refer me to for help with the mechanical section.

Thanks!

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Barron's might be worth a look as well. They made a really good study guide. I had Arco as well..but the Barron's was money. I got an 8/9/8 if I recall using that one. The Arco was good for the aviation stuff and the spatial apperception. However, I would recommend getting a Private Pilot's License aviation study guide..the questions from the aviation portion come straight from that bank.

kissella

Hey everyone,

First time posting. Thanks for all the good info. so far. I took the ASTB today for the first time, using only the ASTB gouge to study and scored 5/6/6 51, but am probably going to take it again. Would anyone mind sending the good stuff to andrew.kissell83@gmail.com?
Thanks a lot

KSUwildcat13

First time I took it I got 8/7/9 61. Pretty happy with those. I used the Barron's guide and the FAA pilots manual and that basically had 80% of the information I needed to know. The Actual test had a few concepts in mechanical comprehension that Barron's book did not and the FAA manual has everything you need to know for the aviation portion.