• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB...again

toledo619

Hello everybody,
I have two questions. First, I've been studying the ASTB for a couple weeks, (2 days a week for like an hr or so) and the OAR sections, I've been getting at least half of them right, does anybody know what the scale is to determine whether you're doing good or not? Because I know its not the typically 1-100% scale. Second question, I plan to take a algebra class at a community college to refresh my memory, can anyone tell me what level algebra I should focus on? Beginner? Intermediate? Advanced? Like I mentioned earlier, I'm getting half the problems right and I haven't taken any math classes for years? Please contact me as soon as possible. Thank you.

Angelo

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
Hello everybody,
I have two questions. First, I've been studying the ASTB for a couple weeks, (2 days a week for like an hr or so) and the OAR sections, I've been getting at least half of them right, does anybody know what the scale is to determine whether you're doing good or not? Because I know its not the typically 1-100% scale. Second question, I plan to take a algebra class at a community college to refresh my memory, can anyone tell me what level algebra I should focus on? Beginner? Intermediate? Advanced? Like I mentioned earlier, I'm getting half the problems right and I haven't taken any math classes for years? Please contact me as soon as possible. Thank you.

Angelo

Hey. I think the grading scale is a function of the results of the tests. For instance, if the average was 28/40 right and you got 35, you might get a 7 but if on another test the average was 33 and you got 35, you might get a 4. At least this is how I understood it to be. The numbers are meaningless and just to make a point.

I think the highest algebra I remember was pretty basic algebra. So maybe the equivalent of highschool algebra and MAYBE a little algebra 2. Good luck. The ARCO/CLIFFs books help a lot, and so do private pilot manuals.

speeddypat

None
hey toledo... I have no idea what number of questions you have to get right to get a certain score, except that you're just compared to others taking the same test. With that said, you should definitely just do all the practice problems you can over and over until you know how to do all of them. I was definitely having some trouble with them at first but the more repetition you do the easier they get... The arco book and the different gouges you can find on here are the best things to study and if you can do the problems fast, you'll score really well! PM me if you have any other questions about the test!