• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Arriving at Corpus at an akward time?

arbor

I'm your huckleberry.
pilot
API Graduation: 9 Dec, then on to Corpus.

Anyone got a stab at what I can expect when I get out there a few days later?

Class up right away?
Check in, turn around and go on holiday leave?
Get stuck there instead of leave?

Just trying to gauge what kind of timeframe I'm looking at, any help/opinions appreciated, thanks

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
I checked in at Whiting for Primary on December 19th (2003) and was able to check out on leave 5 minutes later for the Christmas period. I assume they'll hook you up with some info before you head down there.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Concur with Varmint. I checked into TW-4 on 13 Dec last year and was able to get leave approved that day. I had to stand a day of watch before I left, but its not a problem to get leave.

alexreyna

Depends on VT

Xmas break will go from 16 Dec to 3 Jan. Everyone is allowed to put in for leave for that time frame. My advice is to get here and put in for leave ASAP. No one really wants to fly, work or hang around during the break. Alot of civilians teach the courses the first few weeks and they will get their break if you're here or not. Count on maybe just checking in the first week you get here then goin on leave like the rest of us. Good time to come in...........you will need the break...........