• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Army girl meets Navy boy......

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
How old are you? Your bio says you're a senior in college. 7 years means you've been with this chick since the middle of high school.

I hope you didn't get engaged to the first girl that ever put out for you.......please tell me you've at least sampled a few additional flavors........

I already graduated. I'm 26. We were off and on for the first 5 years being immature college kids (she went to Oklahoma State ~ 1hr drive away, while I went to OU). So yeah during all that on and off stuff I added a couple notches to my belt.

Plus different zip code rule right? :D I've settled down since then of course.

You need to come to the chat more, where we discuss such things...I can also neither confirm or deny that the odd pic gets swapped back and forth, I'm not sayin it does happen, just sayin. :eek:

jeffsgirl

Yes,

Most of us are touchy on the subject.

Most of us have had some or all of the following:
A psycho ex.
Married a Cling-on
Seen a friend do one of the above

I can definatly respect that comment. Fortunatly I can comfortably say I do not fit into any of those categories. Just a girl that met an amazing man who happens to be trying to get his wings....didn't know what that really meant until now.....On top of that, we have only been dating for three months and I feel this strongly about him but I have to make this decision if I go with him or not.....what the hell am I going to do????

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I can definatly respect that comment. Fortunatly I can comfortably say I do not fit into any of those categories. Just a girl that met an amazing man who happens to be trying to get his wings....didn't know what that really meant until now.....On top of that, we have only been dating for three months and I feel this strongly about him but I have to make this decision if I go with him or not.....what the hell am I going to do????

You WAIT. Since you are a new couple, see if you can handle the distance...+1 or 2 years of serious dating while still staying apart, him making it through the stresses of flight school (haven't been but I can imagine it isn't a cake walk), and you two STILL going strong...that's something to hang your hat on.

Then join up with him and all that happily ever after bs. Right now you two will be going through too many changes to throw living together and being basically an unmarried/married couple into the mix.

I told my fiance..."if" I get selected, we would get married sometime in flight school and that she would then live with me after I get out (some even say this is a bad idea). She is an RN so there is plenty of work for her here in OKC to stay busy while I did that and when she does move with me, she can find work also.

Love is great and all..but you're still in your honeymoon period where you or he can do no wrong, wait until a year of dating and you're picking up his skidmarked underwear while he's off at the O-Club getting shitcanned with his comrades...

bubbagump

Coo-coo for cocopuffs

As a woman, might I suggest letting him do his thing and see if you two still want to be together afterwards. He's going to be extremely busy, and you might feel as if you are a second fiddle to his career if you make the decision to move with him. Which, if you are giving up friends, family, and familiar places to move, can be kind of a bummer.

(Also as a woman I know how easy it is to slip into "psycho girlfriend/cling-on" territory).

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None

Oh for FUCKS SAKE. Seriously?!?!? What are you, 15?

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor

OK, this is where MB DOESN'T give opinions... :) Just kidding dog.

Anywho...Lemme tell you a quick story.

---------------Single doods can go to sleep--------------

I went to Applebee's on 9-mile road. Waitress drops her number to me. She's way hot. I don't call for 3 weeks (because I was busy with flight school) but continue to go to Applebee's every Sunday night to hang with some NFO friends going through training too...

One Monday, I have a simulator scheduled at 2200. The waitress asks any of us in the group to hang out at TGI Friday's after her shift that night. I'm the only one who "can" based on my sleeping in and studying the next day before my simulator. We go out, I try to tell her about how great my brother is (again, girl is hot, younger, and I'm in flight school). She tells me later that she's pretty bummed because she was more interested in me.

Anywho...Tuesday, get a phone call from the waitress to come and hang out at her place. She lives with her parents. We hang out after I was done studying and talk all day. Wednesday, go to the beach with my T-34 NATOPS and hang out...while I study. Everyday, we spend variable times together, ranging from 5 minutes to 5 hrs.

3-weeks after our Friday's date, we're at the mall. I ask her, "What would your dream diamond look like in an engagement ring?" I knew I wanted to marry her. I didn't know that I WOULD marry her until after I got my wings, follow-on orders to San Diego AND she said she wanted to come with.

So I thought about it, and I know you're not there yet, but you may still think about it...but didn't act until the murky future FOR YOU BOTH is a little more clear.

---------------Guys wake up-------------------

Been married very happily for 5 years. Greatest woman in the world.

Bottom line, enjoy the time together. Get a good hobby/job for the time apart and take it all one day at a time.

Cliche I know, but also very true.

JMHO.
~D

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor

Let me offer some advice that's counter to a lot of what's been said on here. Unlike some of these guys I haven't had to deal with any true psychos.

I met my girl out when I was in California. I'm in Florida and have been here for a while now. Anyways we both decided that we liked each other yada yada and entered into the OH SO TERRIBLE long distance relationship. After the semester was up in May 07 I waited a month and moved out there to be with her. Then I went back to school in August. She applied to my school, got accepted and got here in Jan 2008. We spent a whole semester apart with each of us taking time to go see each other. She flew to me once and I flew to her once in that short span.

We're still going strong with no end in sight. I can count on one hand the times I've gotten severely pissed off with her. Doesn't mean there won't be more down the road but it's been nearly two years and my last girl and I argued quite a bit more.

If you got a good feeling and you want to go for it then do it. Don't let the bad experiences of others limit you from gaining an experience that could last forever. Even if it doesn't you'll still have learned something.

Good luck. If you want it to work and he wants it to work, you'll find a way to make it work.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
...Most of us have had some or all of the following:
A psycho ex.
Married a Cling-on
Seen a friend do one of the above

I even scored an AW infraction for getting mad thinking about my ex!!

Eh....I deserved it though. F'ing psycho ex's...

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
The Notebook II- Lazers Lovefest Coast to Coast :D

gay-vilnius.jpg

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
On top of that, we have only been dating for three months and I feel this strongly about him but I have to make this decision if I go with him or not.....what the hell am I going to do????

Take a cold shower... Yer "ho ho" may be clouding your judgement! Back to earth naughty britches, turn off the sally jessie raphiel show and wait and see what happens. The dude will likely efing run for the hills if he hears you screaming "IM IN LOVE"!!! Insensative? yup. Real advise? yup.
Good luck.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Insensative? yup. Real advise? yup.
Good luck.

Yeah...so as I was saying...you may want to turn to love advice in the spouse's corner. :)

<break, break>
EASY VAPES...this is a civie! (not that I disagree completely, but I wouldn't have had a problem of my now wife told me she loved me in 3 months of dating...in fact, I think she did).

~d

Amall

If you have a good job, good friends, and you enjoy your current living situation, don't move unless there is a ring. Too many of my girlfriends have done this and it has always ALWAYS ended badly.

You have no friends there besides your man, you have a hard time finding work, he's busy (rightfully so) then you feel neglected. Then you either a) become psycho and become "that girl" b) become bitter and fight all the time or c) continue to be unhappy and not do anything about it, dragging things on, and dragging everyone into misery ("everyone" includes your girlfriends that live in VA when you live in CA and then you call them at friggin' 3am in the morning their time crying about how lonely you are and your friend gets pissed because they wake up at 5am everyday and then she stops talking to you, etc). I could go on. Call it a slippery slope but, its REAL.

The only plus side to it not working out is that you will be living in a city overpopulated by aviators and hot young JOs and you will be single. Which is essentially like shooting fish in a barrel. Which is, speaking from personal experience, so fun all. the. time.

wingsB4rings

Four fans of freedom, all day long
None
... we have only been dating for three months and I feel this strongly about him.....what the hell am I going to do????

Something tells me that in 5 years this guy will be starting ready room stories with "this army chick I once knew..."

On a serious note, if you like this guy that much, maintain a long distance relationship first for at least several months before moving in together, because afterall, that's what a military marriage is: a long distance relationship. It'll give you practice for deployments, detachments, etc. If you can't handle dating long distance, there's no fucking way you'll be able to handle marriage to a deployed husband.

By the way, best of luck with everything.