• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Arizona State gets NROTC in 2010

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
nice survey, the blonde from mizzou was my sister's best friend in high school! :eek: :icon_tong

BlackBearHockey

go blue...
I'm pretty happy about seeing ASU get NROTC, but I'm kind of wondering why, especially if they already have some AZ schools represented. There seems to be a lot of good schools that could use a program and are close to some Navy areas. URI, Hawaii, UConn... I always wonder why there aren't many more NROTC options, when it seems like the AF/Army are literally everywhere, especially at some bigger schools where NROTC isn't.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
If you can go to ASU (especially now on ROTC's dime), then you'd be a moron not to. Especially if you decide upon ERAU instead.

Just sayin.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
I'm pretty happy about seeing ASU get NROTC, but I'm kind of wondering why, especially if they already have some AZ schools represented.

ASU is a ridiculously large school (40,000+ undergrad at Tempe alone) and U of A down in Tucson is just a little too far away for cross affiliate. It seems fair that the largest school in the Southwest have a program.

There seems to be a lot of good schools that could use a program and are close to some Navy areas. URI, Hawaii, UConn...

Being close to a Navy area really isn't that important since you'll be moving all over the place once you commission anyway.

I always wonder why there aren't many more NROTC options, when it seems like the AF/Army are literally everywhere, especially at some bigger schools where NROTC isn't.

The Navy just isn't as big as the Army. The Army commissions so many more officers a year than the Navy that its mind blowing.

HuggyU2

None
Hmm... the Navy in Arizona.
Sounds like a winning combo.
Let me guess: there will be a sailing club on the Salt River Project??

Lobster

Yup. Great place to be. Glad I'm BDCP though..

Just livin' the dream...:D

chaz8.jpg