• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ari

JJ10

I've gotten in trouble early in my career with alcohol, I want to know if I can still aplly for any enlisted commissioning programs.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
It depends on what kind of trouble you got into and how long ago it was. For STA-21, you need three years without an NJP. I'm sure that's a pretty standard rule for any program. It will also help if you can show improvement in your attitude with good evals and such.

Get the 1420.1A and read the instructions for each of the commissioning programs. The details will be in there...

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
I've gotten in trouble early in my career with alcohol, I want to know if I can still aplly for any enlisted commissioning programs.

Aren't you applying for OCS? If you already have your Bachelor's then you aren't going to be eligible for any enlisted commissioning programs.

BourneID

pilot
Aren't you applying for OCS? If you already have your Bachelor's then you aren't going to be eligible for any enlisted commissioning programs.

Cut him some slack OCS is still a commissioning program, just not looked at as an enlisted Commissioning program like STA-21. And depending on how long ago his trouble was, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Cut him some slack OCS is still a commissioning program, just not looked at as an enlisted Commissioning program like STA-21. And depending on how long ago his trouble was, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

My post wasn't meant to be discouraging. Just wanted to let him know that STA-21 wasn't an option if he already had a four-year degree so he didn't waste his time with it. ;)

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor

Geez, why do you have to be such an asshole to the guy? Haha, j/k. I understood your post and would have given the same response to the post if you hadn't, with the same good intentions. People seem to be so sensitive on AW these days...

RumRiverCATO

Your statement - and your outlook in general - should reflect something like:

I made a mistake

I learned x y and z from that mistake

I've done a lot of growing up since then

And I'm a better Sailor now because of x y and z

Everybody makes mistakes. Even guys with a lot of scary looking stipes on their collar.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
Your statement - and your outlook in general - should reflect something like:

I made a mistake

I learned x y and z from that mistake

I've done a lot of growing up since then

And I'm a better Sailor now because of x y and z

Everybody makes mistakes. Even guys with a lot of scary looking stipes on their collar.

What's a stipe? A frontman for R.E.M.?