• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Argentina

B

Blutonski816

ghost119 said:
A friend of mine flies the -17. Quite a nice a/c, given that they replaced the -141's. Boy did they look like their fuselage was just going to snap. It looked so skinny compared to the other heavies.

It's funny you say that because the C-141B's fuselage was acutally lengthened because the As had a tendecy to run out of room before the A/C got to maximum takeoff weight.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
KBayDog said:
How long after unloading did it take the mechs to put Tab A into Slot C and get the birds ready to fly?

About 2 days per bird and it was ready to test. (mind you we had multible crews) Then came the fun stuff...FCF.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Great pics and a great experience, it looks like. I had some pics of one of our -60s getting loaded into a C-17, but my camera ate them. We can actually get the whole thing in there folded and not have to remove anything. Kind of a bitch for you guys to have to disassemble and then reassemble the trannys and head.

Thanks for sharing. How many C-17s did it take to move you guys?

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Fly Navy said:
320 KIAS and only getting 400 KGS? What altitude were you flying at, 5000 feet? At 20+k feet we're seeing 223 or so KIAS and 330+ KTAS with ground speeds higher for winds if you're lucky.

WTF - You sound like an NFO

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
P-3 NAV/COMM maybe...once they slide over to the left seat it seems like they lose all concept of time, space, and speed...

"Flight...they said "Buster"..."

"Hey jackass, come up here and see if YOU can push the power levers any further foward..."

(much love to the TACCOs who have saved my ass more than once)

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Pilot Math = Saving Gas to not flame out on final approach or wasting gas to save time

In other words I don't have the watch with the built in Whiz Wheel

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
BigWorm said:
Pilot Math = Saving Gas to not flame out on final approach or wasting gas to save time

In other words I don't have the watch with the built in Whiz Wheel

What's a whiz wheel? I just look at my HUD or MFDs and it tells me :)

I like your definition of pilot math.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Anyway...

I'll get ahold of some more pictures from other guys that were down there and post them on here.

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
Great pics Dave! I'm glad to see some folks deploying to fun spots for a change.

It's got to feel weird (and cool) to fly in an aircraft where you and your aircraft are passengers...

Aside from the FCFs, did you do much flying down there? If so, how was it?

One last question, when you are that far south of the equator, do your rotor blades spin the other way? (Thanks, try the veal)