• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Arch Supports

PNight12

I was wondering if anyone here has any expirience with arch supports and/or custom orthotics. I ask this because I am beginning to get sharp pains in my feet and calf muscles when run and I start OCS on the 24 MAR. Are the store bought Dr. Scholls type inserts good or should i invest in the customs insert which are a little expensive? I realize that it depends on the person, but i just wanted to get a little outside perspective. thanks

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
I bought Dr Schools metatarsal arch support, but only because my podiatrist said they were perfect for my condition. It isn't worth getting off the shelf stuff when you consider that your career and health are much more valuable.

I think you owe it to your feet and career to see a qualified foot doctor, then decided what to get.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
WRT blisters, IMO, the best way to deal with them is to just suck it up and let your body form a callous. Works with running, climbing, and guitar playing.

Brett

themongol

You could try those Superfeet insoles. They are selling them at almost every running shoe store. I don't hear any complaint about Superfeet except for the price ($30 each).
p.s. i'll see on the mar 24 OCS.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
WRT blisters, IMO, the best way to deal with them is to just suck it up and let your body form a callous. Works with running, climbing, and guitar playing.

Brett

Works for other exercises too; however, it will pay great dividends to use a nice soft sock or two instead. :D

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I had some custom orthodics molded for me back when I was playing football. It made the problem go away, but you may want to go to a running store and have them find the perfect shoes for your feet. Alot of times your shoes can be the root of your problems.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
Second what feddoc and xmid said. A podiatrist is going to be able to help you better than us. I speak from experience: I have the flattest feet of nearly any human alive, and pronate so badly that I've shocked every podiatrist I've ever seen. The only reason I haven't been seriously injured due to overuse injuries or anything is because I've worn custom orthotic inserts since I was a kid (it's good to have a medical family; they figured it out early).

I have had a few blisters here and there, but usually not from the surface of the orthotic itself (the shoe sometimes). A very good sock like Thorlo might help with chafing.