• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April SNA Board results

kevoGTO

SNA select OCS 8Sept07, ProRec SNA 26Jan09
Although I submitted my package on Feb 28 for the March boards, apparently it was bumped.

However, just got word this morning from my recruiter...Pro Rec, SNA! Anyone else out there heard back yet?

Stretch32

I found out today (Monday April 16th) that I wasn't selected for SNA. My recruiter said he got the results on Friday afternoon. It appears the April board has already met then (obviously) as there is another thread that has been trying to figure out the Board date. I'll retake the ASTB and brush up my package and resubmit for next month's board. Congrats to those that got selected.Stretch

TheBear82

Hey guys,

I'm not exactly sure if I should post this under the March or April SNA boards.....I think my packet was up for review for the March boards, but I finally heard something back today (April 16th).

PRO REC'ED SNA!!!

Seriously, I can't beleive it! I'm gonna have a big shit eating grin on my face for the rest of the month.

Congrats to those who have been selected and just keep on plugging for those who haven't.

If anyone wants to know my stats and stuff let me know. Now excuse me while I do some backflips of joy.

zacharyj53

Hey guys,

I'm not exactly sure if I should post this under the March or April SNA boards.....I think my packet was up for review for the March boards, but I finally heard something back today (April 16th).

PRO REC'ED SNA!!!

Seriously, I can't beleive it! I'm gonna have a big shit eating grin on my face for the rest of the month.

Congrats to those who have been selected and just keep on plugging for those who haven't.

If anyone wants to know my stats and stuff let me know. Now excuse me while I do some backflips of joy.

That is what I am hearing...That the information these people on here are getting are from the March board.

navyboy4415

The information people are hearing is from the April board. I was a special case where I was accepted as SNA but not medically qualified (limited depth perception). My package went back 2 weeks ago and I heard last Thursday that I was Pro Rec'd for NFO. Patience is key.

Does anyone know how long it will take to hear if you are Final Select or not? All my paperwork/prt was done previously for SNA so I'm looking for the amount of time from having everything done to receiving notification Thanks!

zacharyj53

The information people are hearing is from the April board. I was a special case where I was accepted as SNA but not medically qualified (limited depth perception). My package went back 2 weeks ago and I heard last Thursday that I was Pro Rec'd for NFO. Patience is key.

Does anyone know how long it will take to hear if you are Final Select or not? All my paperwork/prt was done previously for SNA so I'm looking for the amount of time from having everything done to receiving notification Thanks!

Yours might be a little different as you are already accepted before for SNA. Not to mention NFO is in big demand right now as the last board accepted right around 80% of applicants for NFO.

kevoGTO

SNA select OCS 8Sept07, ProRec SNA 26Jan09
so for those who got picked, put up some stats

23m, MechEngr with 3.45 GPA, Univ of TN, Honors program
8/8/8 - 68 ASTB
21 hours flight time, no PPL
5 LORs (get plenty of these things)
PRK waiver

From what I'm seeing from the March boards, the ASTB range (low to high) was like 7/6/7 - 56 up to 9/7/8 - 62 . I think if you fall within that range, have a decent GPA, and look like a solid candidate on paper, you should be a very competitive applicant for SNA. I wouldn't apply with less than a 7 in the PFAR. Just my $.02

TheBear82

So I'm pro rec'ed SNA and some guys have asked for my stats....

3.65 GPA in chemistry at The Citadel
Currently at the University of South Carolina working on my masters in analytical chemistry (should be done about July)
3.33 GPA in graduate classes

ASTB 7/7/7/54

No flight time

I think I'm solid proof that the boards embrace the "whole person" concept. While my grades are pretty good and my ASTB scores are decent, I think my biggest selling point was the fact I went to The Citadel and took on some high leadership roles there. In addition, because of my contacts at The Citadel, I managed to get some outstanding letters of recommendations. These ranged from the former president of the college to my roomate who is now a SWO officer down in Mayport.

I'm definately super excited and hopefully everything will be fine with my physical and the PFT I'm scheduling of next week.

Again, if you were selected, congrats!....if not, don't give up. If you have a dream you gotta go for it....don't let anyone tell you otherwise.