• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2010 Boards

jlil41

No he got tabled for SNA from the April board, which means they didn't they Non-select or Pro-rec him. They want to review his packet again in May so it is not all a bad thing, plus not many get tabled to I would think it is a positive thing. He was just a Non-select for SWO. Good Luck man hope you get it this time around!!!!

Mick1983

Board

Yeah my package was sent in April instead of May because I needed a waiver for my tattoo. I am so eager to find out... Just hoping that it is a pro-rec! Good luck to everyone!

jlil41

Yeah my package was sent in April instead of May because I needed a waiver for my tattoo. I am so eager to find out... Just hoping that it is a pro-rec! Good luck to everyone!
I am guessing that your tattoo is visible in a the Navy uniform?

mjulian

Lingerer
I would imagine so bc i have a tattoo and it doesnt show in a t-shirt. from what i was told only visible and/or possibly offensive tats are waiver required

Mick1983

Yeah, it must be. Otherwise I don't think you would need a waiver, right? Is it on your neck or hand..?

My Tattoo is on my forearm and it is nothing offensive... I used to work and live in the Netherlands for school and there was an artist there that did it. I work currently in a pretty high-level job and it's never been a problem. I worked in the courts and hospitals and of course they made me explain all of that. The CO was nice about and then started drilling me on why I wanted to get out of healthcare and go SWO. I'm a military brat what can I say... Family legacy and all..

Mick1983

So I guess my dooms day is tomorrow to find out if I was pro-rec'd or not... This waiting is stifling... By any chance are any of the respondents on here women?

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
So I guess my dooms day is tomorrow to find out if I was pro-rec'd or not... This waiting is stifling... By any chance are any of the respondents on here women?

I can assure you that being a woman gives you a lot more chances than a man simply because there are a lot less woman in the Navy and not too many apply. I was told this from a former Naval Officer. Believe it or not but the Navy reserves a certain amount of spots for women every year in each area.

Good luck!

Mick1983

I can assure you that being a woman gives you a lot more chances than a man simply because there are a lot less woman in the Navy and not too many apply. I was told this from a former Naval Officer. Believe it or not but the Navy reserves a certain amount of spots for women every year in each area.

Good luck!

So I still no nothing as of today... I swear I think I am losing sleep over this. Yeah I was told the same thing by my recruiter. Let's just say Millington really needs to get it together right now because I am dying from anticipation. I want to know already... I have been hurrying and waiting it seems like forever! Thanks for the support!

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
So I still no nothing as of today... I swear I think I am losing sleep over this. Yeah I was told the same thing by my recruiter. Let's just say Millington really needs to get it together right now because I am dying from anticipation. I want to know already... I have been hurrying and waiting it seems like forever! Thanks for the support!

Have you heard/read about the flooding in Tennessee, including Millington? If things are being delayed that might be the reason why... hopefully this doesn't last too long and the May Boards are good to go when the time comes!

Planeform

pilot
Got the good word today...Pro-Rec'd SNA....Applied for SNA only.

Best of luck to everyone else waiting to hear, and everyone tabled for a later date. Now to work on the Final select...my recruiter told me I can get all my medical eval. done with my own civilian doc and bypass MEPS...he sent me all the forms. Has anyone else done this?

BuckWild

Advanced - VT-35
Have you heard/read about the flooding in Tennessee, including Millington? If things are being delayed that might be the reason why... hopefully this doesn't last too long and the May Boards are good to go when the time comes!

From Joe Moore:

Hey guys.......

REALLY appreciate the outpour here.....it means a lot. If you search for Navy Mid South on facebook you can look on there for ways to help.

MA2, I don't have any way of knowing right now.....Was there a reason why it had to be there in the May board or did you just not want to wait another month.

This should not delay anything......just keep in mind folk that there are our brothers and sisters right now who are hurting and have nothing.

Joe

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Got the good word today...Pro-Rec'd SNA....Applied for SNA only.

Best of luck to everyone else waiting to hear, and everyone tabled for a later date. Now to work on the Final select...my recruiter told me I can get all my medical eval. done with my own civilian doc and bypass MEPS...he sent me all the forms. Has anyone else done this?

Hey congrats dude!
What were your scores on the ASTB like? Just to get an idea although the whole person concept is what counts...

Mick1983

I just got word from my recruiter about the flooding this afternoon. It bites but I have patience little butterfly. Congrats to gk335i on pro-rec.. Very awesome and the best of LUCK!

tuke09

I just got word from my recruiter about the flooding this afternoon. It bites but I have patience little butterfly. Congrats to gk335i on pro-rec.. Very awesome and the best of LUCK!

I am trying so hard to have patience, I saw some pics of the flooding of the Naval Air Base in Millington, it looks to me like that base is going to be out of commission for a while. I can't imagine what all the people who live on the base must be going through, especially those with families. When I think about that, waiting doesn't seem so bad anymore. Still I check the forums and my email every 30 minutes, just in case.