• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2010 Boards

hmbeagle

Is the 30-days to complete MEPS/PRT after pro-rec still in effect?
Just emailed my recruiter with this exact question since I was diagnosed with multiple stress fractures about two weeks ago :( I'll be sure to post whatever response I receive as soon as I hear back.

boogerbrain

Q. If one is non-select and wishes to apply again somewhere down the road, is it possible to reselect which field in the Navy one wishes to be reviewed by? For the April boards I selected SWO, Information Warfare, and Intel. When I resubmit my packet in a few months is it possible for me to drop Information Warfare and Intel for SWO/IP and SWO/IW?

Santi87

Scheduling my PFT and medical inspect for next week (I went through MEPS in October for Marines, then they canceled OCC til who knows when). My recruiter said I may have to fill out a form or two so they can transfer my MEPS inspect from one branch to the other or something like that.

As far as the clearance, I've got a clean record and no red flags -- anybody have any idea if the clearance needs to have been issued, or the file just opened and in processing, to get a final select?

Dominoes

Pilot and NFO non-select.
24. M.
3.35 GPA

Good:
ASTB 61 8/9/9
Very good summer internships including one with a US Senator.

Bad:
Not much sports or extracuricular involvement out of HS.
Underage alcohol charge.
Admitted experimental marijuana use

Battle plan: Take flight lessons and get involved in community service activities immediately. I will start my path towards a PPL as soon as I find a good school and instructor in the DC area. Let me know if you have recommendations.

hmbeagle

Is the 30-days to complete MEPS/PRT after pro-rec still in effect?

Just emailed my recruiter with this exact question since I was diagnosed with multiple stress fractures about two weeks ago :( I'll be sure to post whatever response I receive as soon as I hear back.

Sounds like the 30-days rule is still in effect, looks like my Pro-Rec might not be worth much at this point. If all goes exceedingly well then I'll be able to PRT within 30 days, but otherwise it sounds like I'll have to apply again when I'm fully recovered. If it does come to that at least I'll have the first Pro-Rec under my belt - definitely a confidence booster!

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Sounds like the 30-days rule is still in effect, looks like my Pro-Rec might not be worth much at this point. If all goes exceedingly well then I'll be able to PRT within 30 days, but otherwise it sounds like I'll have to apply again when I'm fully recovered. If it does come to that at least I'll have the first Pro-Rec under my belt - definitely a confidence booster!

Oh wow... sorry about that dude... good luck though!

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Non select SWO. Tabled SNA for May. More waiting for me, my most favoritest of activities :sleep_125

So you applied for SWO in April and now SNA in May? Can you do that? If so, that's awesome! Good luck!

I'm also playing the waiting game...