• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2010 Boards

boogerbrain

Oh, and my OAR score was only a 44. When I first met my recruiter and I selected Surface Warfare, Intel, and Information Warfare he briefly told me what to study: math, English, naval history, and a little aviation (I thought this was just basic advice for everyone). I show up the day of the test and he asks me if I studied my math, English, and naval history; all received a yes for a reply. Then he asked if I studied aviation, and I said, "Well, I wear glasses, I know I can't be an aviator." He replied, "Well, you need to know about aviation for intel." Needless to say, the math and reading skills tests were both quite easy, the naval history was a bit tricky at times but nothing too difficult. But the aviation part of the test really kicked my butt, haha. Well, hopefully the boards didn't see that 44 and say, "man, this guy is a dummy. NEXT!"

Dominoes

No, mine is Villanueva. Strange, I always thought OR were few and far between. Question: Are Epps/Garza located in Va? Because I've been driving up to Hyattsville, Md. to meet with Villaneuva a few times.
Epps sits next to Petty Officer V. Garza is the LT in charge of the office.

navygraig

LT Withrow
Oh, and my OAR score was only a 44. When I first met my recruiter and I selected Surface Warfare, Intel, and Information Warfare he briefly told me what to study: math, English, naval history, and a little aviation (I thought this was just basic advice for everyone). I show up the day of the test and he asks me if I studied my math, English, and naval history; all received a yes for a reply. Then he asked if I studied aviation, and I said, "Well, I wear glasses, I know I can't be an aviator." He replied, "Well, you need to know about aviation for intel." Needless to say, the math and reading skills tests were both quite easy, the naval history was a bit tricky at times but nothing too difficult. But the aviation part of the test really kicked my butt, haha. Well, hopefully the boards didn't see that 44 and say, "man, this guy is a dummy. NEXT!"

I think you perhaps do not understand the OAR. The Officer Aptitude Rating is derived from performance only on the Math Skills, Mechanical Comprehension, and Reading Comprehension test. The three other tests that ask nautical/aviation knowledge help create the 3 other scores. So your OAR was not affected by that. Hope that clears it up!

boogerbrain

I think you perhaps do not understand the OAR. The Officer Aptitude Rating is derived from performance only on the Math Skills, Mechanical Comprehension, and Reading Comprehension test. The three other tests that ask nautical/aviation knowledge help create the 3 other scores. So your OAR was not affected by that. Hope that clears it up!

So what's the ASTB? Well, I suppose I didn't do as well in the math, mechanical comprehension, and the reading comprehension tests as I had previously thought. Oh well, the boards are finished, no point worrying about it now. If things don't go my way, I'll just reapply within the next few months.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
So what's the ASTB? Well, I suppose I didn't do as well in the math, mechanical comprehension, and the reading comprehension tests as I had previously thought. Oh well, the boards are finished, no point worrying about it now. If things don't go my way, I'll just reapply within the next few months.

ASTB stands for Aviation Selection Test Battery. It is the entire test. The first three sections of the ASTB is the OAR. Check out the website listed below:

http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/navmedmpte/nomi/nami/Pages/ASTBFrequentlyAskedQuestions.aspx

JONNY

Board results just released. Pro-rec pilot and NFO! OR said 300 applied and only 33 got selected. Good luck everyone!

tuke09

The phones are ringing off the hook in every Officer Recruiters Officer across the nation haha. Hopefully Intel results will come out soon, for some reason Intel results are always the last to come out drives me crazy.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Wow... congrats guys! A lot of SNA and SNFO pro recs! What were your scores like on the ASTB if I may ask? I'm in for the May boards...

iveyc

Over equals pro-rec'd.

My ATSB scores:
7/7/7

University of Michigan: History Major (also completed science requirements for med school)
GPA: 3.75
1.5 Mile- 8:25