• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2010 Boards

tuke09

Has anyone been told by their recruiter's that their package is being reviewed? Will this even happen?
I think in most cases, the recruiters will go as far as to tell you that your Kit made it to Millington and is waiting to be viewed by the next board. Things can change within days of a scheduled Board my recruiter tells me, often a Board can be pushed back till the next month for various reasons. Also, sometimes issues with a kit might be discovered that prevent you from being viewed at the board you were hoping to be seen at. I found that recruiters do not like to make very specific claims like "you are definitely being reviewed" because so many things can happen.

znibbor

I can see that. So, we're still not even sure if the boards are meeting this week. So much speculation in this process!

What kind of issues with a kit could be discovered that would cause a package to not be reviewed in a given month?

tuke09

What kind of issues with a kit could be discovered that would cause a package to not be reviewed in a given month?

If your kit is missing documents, or information has been omitted or entered wrong on your application your kit may get kicked back. Also, if you apply for a designator for which you lack the proper credentials or age requirements, for example requires physics or calc. In this case you might have to apply for a community that you qualify for. This may sound silly but I have seen people post all of these issues. I had a similar problem myself. My recruiter informed me that SWO-IP was closed out for the year, so I asked him if there was anything else I could apply for, he says go SWO, I say OK, two days later he's calling me "your kit got kicked back your too old for SWO."

As for the Board meeting, I would think of it in the same way you interpret weather forecasts, its never 100% certain although highly probable. At least in San Francisco, if the weather man/women says its going to be sunny tomorrow, that means there is a slight chance of rain.

flyboy

Information Warfare Ensign
Has anyone been told by their recruiter's that their package is being reviewed? Will this even happen?

I just asked my OR if he could check on the list. They have a list of everyone who's package will be seen by the selection board. Just ask him to look at the April 2010 OCS board. He/she should have access to that list.

tuke09

I just asked my OR if he could check on the list. They have a list of everyone who's package will be seen by the selection board. Just ask him to look at the April 2010 OCS board. He/she should have access to that list.

I'm betting your recruiter's list is only a projection, they don't know who is seen until the results are out and uploaded to Otools. Although, if they really wanted to find out they could make some calls I suppose.
It's an easy way to get you off their back "I checked the 'list' you seem to be on it" or my recruiter is famous for this one "I checked with my boss and..."

tuke09

Somebody posted on the usnavyocs.com portal that NFO, SNA and SWO have convened yesterday and today. The unders may have it. I am waiting on intel, which for the last three months have been the last to find out.

boogerbrain

24/M
Surface Warfare/Information Warfare/ Intelligence
PRT: Haven't completed yet (recruiter said I should wait until after I know whether I'm in or not; passing shouldn't be a problem).
University: George Mason University; BA History w/ minor in Mandarin, Chinese; 3.55 GPA
Prior Employment: Bunch of retail places; also taught Mandarin to children during a week-long summer camp for FCPS
LOR: Army Colonel, Air Force Colonel, Chinese professor, and friend's dad (works for national guard and retired from the coast guard).

mjulian

Lingerer
Somebody posted on the usnavyocs.com portal that NFO, SNA and SWO have convened yesterday and today. The unders may have it. I am waiting on intel, which for the last three months have been the last to find out.
That makes me happy and sad at the same time. I hope this is true but I dont want to have to pay out.

mjulian

Lingerer
24/M
Surface Warfare/Information Warfare/ Intelligence
PRT: Haven't completed yet (recruiter said I should wait until after I know whether I'm in or not; passing shouldn't be a problem).
University: George Mason University; BA History w/ minor in Mandarin, Chinese; 3.55 GPA
Prior Employment: Bunch of retail places; also taught Mandarin to children during a week-long summer camp for FCPS
LOR: Army Colonel, Air Force Colonel, Chinese professor, and friend's dad (works for national guard and retired from the coast guard).

awesome!!!

Planeform

pilot
My package suppossedly went in this month. Good luck to everyone, I am anxious for the results. My stats:

24/m
3.42 BS in Mechanical Engineering from UNM, 2008.
7/7/8 57 ASTB

LORs from:
O-6, Navy Nuke Capt.
Supervisor when i was an intern at Sandia National Labs, Chemical Engineer
O-3, current coworker @ NPTU
Current manager @ NPTU
Previous employer GM

Other notables:
Currently work in Naval Nuclear Power, training Officers how to run navy nuclear power plants
Q-cleared
Active in college, V-pres of Pi Tau Sigma Mechanical Engineering honor society
etc,etc

Going for SNA only.

JONNY

I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Jon and I've been lurking for some time now. I felt a little superstitious about posting my stats and not getting selected... I submitted for the April Boards and I've completed MEPS, but have not done the PRT yet. Here goes nothing:

SNA/NFO
22/M
Senior, University of Michigan, BSE Aerospace Engineering, Minor in Mathematics, GPA 3.3
ASTB: 7/8/7/56
Private Pilot 70 hrs.
LOR from 2 Professors, Flight Instructor, and a Mentor

I wish everyone luck in this board and I'm hoping for the under, but guessing the results will come out this Friday or next Monday.

znibbor

I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Jon and I've been lurking for some time now. I felt a little superstitious about posting my stats and not getting selected... I submitted for the April Boards and I've completed MEPS, but have not done the PRT yet. Here goes nothing:

SNA/NFO
22/M
Senior, University of Michigan, BSE Aerospace Engineering, Minor in Mathematics, GPA 3.3
ASTB: 7/8/7/56
Private Pilot 70 hrs.
LOR from 2 Professors, Flight Instructor, and a Mentor

I wish everyone luck in this board and I'm hoping for the under, but guessing the results will come out this Friday or next Monday.

Superstitious is putting it lightly. I've felt the exact same way about this entire process.

luckiestarr03

Yeah, it sounded like only 5 got tabled. Not sure if that means "out of all applicants in the country," but it seemed that way. I was just in a hurry to get my stuff in the same month, when I may have been better served "playing" the boards, like some seem to have done. Fortunately, the SWO community decided to do it for us! Now I'm going to schedule MEPS, etc., not too concerned about that.

I've been reading about how hellish the first two years are for SWO's, but honestly, as I put in my motivational, I've been trying "easy" for a while now. It's time to try "difficult." "Easy" seems to stall out after a while, and I'd like to actually get somewhere in life. That and the shorter required commitment (just kidding!).

Just a quick question, what does it mean to be tabled for a board? My recruiter told me that I was tabled for SWO, but I have no idea what this means.

mjulian

Lingerer
tabled= you will not be seen this month for that community. if im not mistaken of coarse, it means that you are placed in the running for the subsequent month. they do that for late applicants, overflow, errors, missing material etc