• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 09 Boards

RabidMoose

just get the Barrons military flight aptitude test book....it was very similar to the test and has like 3 practice tests...worked well for me

ridehard721

Good deal. My biggest problem the first time around was that the battery had two sections of general aviation knowledge. Does the Barrons military flight aptitude test book have enough on general aviation knowledge?

RabidMoose

For the most part yes...there were a few specific questions on landing patterns or something that I didn't know but other than that I felt I was well prepared for never having prior knowledge of the basics before. Other than going out and getting you private pilots license I'd say it's a decent prep for the test. I manged all 7's with it but everyone's different...you could always go to Barnes and Noble and just sit down and read it before you buy it....there's also a few others there that I just read for a few hours and never had to buy. Could save you a few bucks if your pressed for cash like myself.

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
I guess I'll jump in here...waiting to re-re-take my depth perception test, which from what I understand is the only thing hindering me from SNA.

22 y/o
Aerospace Administration major, MTSU. GPA 2.97, Dec 09 Grad.
3 LORs- Professor, GM of restaurant I was the KM at, and Pastor
Managed a fine dining restaurant
Lots of volunteer work
6/7/6 56
Private Pilot SEL (70 hours)
Received medical waivers for everything under the sun, including those elusive ADD and asthma waivers. Took me over a year, but I got them. Waiting to re-re-take the depth perception test (long story). I understand there were a lot of SNA applicants this month. I figure I will probably get rolled into May since this whole DP thing has hung me up.

ridehard721

Ya man there were some twenty BDCP applicants for pilot. Only 2 were picked up. Vols for life. Where is Murfreesboro, TN?

ridehard721

Cullowhee is in Jackson County NC but Im from Haywood county. About 55 minutes from lake douglas in Jefferson County tennessee. I've got a lot of ties. Gotta love the great state of Tennessee though.

crumpkd

hey ridehard...

Hey ridehard, I saw you were from Cullowhee, I'm from boone...I go to Appalachian State. Sorry to inform you that. haha Anyways, Are you dealing with LT TJ out of Charlotte?? I just talked to him and he told me the same thing.. about 20 applicants for pilot only 2 got accepted. Fortunately mine got postponed to May..

BTP1368

Pro-Rec SWO!!!
Non-select

I talked to my recruiter this morning and found out I was a non-select for SWO, still waiting on Supply though.

I'm gonna repost my stats:

23 M (No prior military service)
B.A. in History and Psychology from Washington & Jefferson College
GPA 2.95 (Yes, I know it's low. However, I brought it up with 3.0 or above my last four semesters of college.)
OAR 67
Played 4 years of college varsity water polo, intramurals, etc.
Was in a fraternity for 4 years and held several positions. Also, I was on the executive board for 2 years.
Worked while at school, about 20 hours a week.
Over 50 hours of community service while at school.
I have been a coach for a club water polo team.
I think I have a pretty good motivational statement.
I'm not going to put down all the stuff I did in high school. But, I have a lot of good stuff.
Captain of a men's softball team, post-college.

The only thing in my criminal background is one speeding ticket.

5 LOR's (2 from employers, 2 from professors, 1 from college water polo coach).

I have not done the PRT yet.

Non-select for SWO (April)
Supply-Pending (April)

So, any advice on what I should do next? Anyone know what type of numbers were at the boards this month, my OR said it was pretty tough competition.

SWOHopeful

I talked to my recruiter this morning and found out I was a non-select for SWO, still waiting on Supply though.

GPA 2.95 (Yes, I know it's low. However, I brought it up with 3.0 or above my last four semesters of college.)
OAR 67
Was in a fraternity for 4 years and held several positions. Also, I was on the executive board for 2 years.
Over 50 hours of cummunity service while at school.
I'm not going to put down all the stuff I did in high school. But, I have a lot of good stuff.

Supply-Pending (April)

So, any advice on what I should do next? Anyone know what type of numbers were at the boards this month, my OR said it was pretty tough competition.

Hmm, I'm sorry to hear that man. However, I think your resume is pretty good, better than mine. So I'm going to go out on a limb and think the worst until my recruiter gets back with me.

Advice: From what I can see, getting some interviews within the community should help.

blarged

ready

OAR 67
Over 50 hours of cummunity service while at school.

Supply-Pending (April)

Rough. Try and get some LORs from Officers in the community you want (talk to your OR and see if he has any contacts to set up interviews with). Also, re-apply! Show the board that you are serious about wanting a commision and not just saying 'what the heck...'

good luck!

SWO406

pro-rec SWO
i haven't heard back either, but i am starting to plan for the worst.

BTP, did your recruiter give you any word on any specific reasons you weren't selected? you'd think they would at least give you some direction on what you can do to improve the quality of your package.

the only advice i would give is to get some senior military officers to give you some LORs, i only have ones from previous employers/professors as well. if you rock your PRT that might help too. what were your numbers on the ASTB? even though you aren't applying for a flight slot, high scores might still help you out.