• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to the March 2013 Board

Calculon

It's Calculon! Hit the deck!
Also keep in mind that a lot of people applying for NFO are also applying for Pilot... and if PQ and selected for pilot, that NFO slot opens up. It's possible that is contributing to this shortfall as well...

I called NRD Houston today..it sounds pretty legit.

I believe that the original post is from a station within NRD Houston as well

exNavyOffRec

To add onto this conversation my recruiter called me today and told me that the minimums for both Pilot/NFO have been lowered from a mandatory 3.0 GPA to a 2.2 GPA. He told me there are shortages in both designators and they really need people. Just letting all you folks know. I am a prior enlisted Navy final select NFO from the December board and am heading to OCS in June. Hopefully see you guys soon and good luck.

The program authorization has to be adjusted to make any changes to GPA and while they are trying to fill the NFO spots for the exact reason that Calculon said they still have plenty of applicants that far exceed the minimum GPA as it is.

PrudasJiest

Haze Gray
Did anyone notice that the Texas Navy page now says ",you should be able to find out in a matter of weeks vice months about your selection" instead of ",you should be able to find out in a matter of days vice weeks if you are selected"?
Also the wording now says "if you meet the PA and apply with NFO as your number 1 choice"

patton307

So board dates for NFO are gone now? Rolling continuous boards?

I'm guessing no change for SNA's however, we still have to wait to submit for the summer board?

exNavyOffRec

Did anyone notice that the Texas Navy page now says ",you should be able to find out in a matter of weeks vice months about your selection" instead of ",you should be able to find out in a matter of days vice weeks if you are selected"?
Also the wording now says "if you meet the PA and apply with NFO as your number 1 choice"

This doesn't surprise me, and it to me seems like a good idea in order to get NFO filled to track with goal.

VTFlyer

So if this board goes anything like the last one with the fast turnaround time, should we expect to hear results by the end of next week?

casey123

Pro Rec SNA
So if this board goes anything like the last one with the fast turnaround time, should we expect to hear results by the end of next week?

My recruiter told me to expect the results in early April. He might be giving himself some leeway though.

McHale's Navy

sighted nothing..sank same.
Ha, expect the results March 14 or 15. If I can make a huge guess, I would say that if the sequester goes through, the Navy will select a large amount of applicants because I don't see any more boards happening anytime soon..that is if the sequester goes through.

MambaJamba1124

Winging it!!
I don't think a lot will change regarding to OCS slots and how the Navy runs. From what I have heard 85 billion spread across several branches, and a dozen departments is a flash in the pan. Stay positive everyone you all have great stats! ( this coming from my recruiter and a bunch of salty vets, same BS different name)

exNavyOffRec

Be patient, NRC may have already figured what they were going to do, or not, many people involved in what is going on, a lot of "if we do this, then this is affected".

Robert Allen

I've fixed them, now I fly them!
Will it hurt my chances of selection for SNA if do not select a second option(SNFO/SWO) for my package?

Some will say flying is flying, but as enlisted if I just wanted fly backseat I could have gone Aircrew. If I dont get selected I won't mind applying for SNFO, but I dont want to be a non-select because the board fills I'm not committed because I only selected one option.

VTFlyer

Will it hurt my chances of selection for SNA if do not select a second option(SNFO/SWO) for my package?

Some will say flying is flying, but as enlisted if I just wanted fly backseat I could have gone Aircrew. If I dont get selected I won't mind applying for SNFO, but I dont want to be a non-select because the board fills I'm not committed because I only selected one option.

You can't ride in the backseat of a F/A-18 or EA-18G as an enlisted sailor :p