• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to Jan board 2013

Chemystery

NFO Final Select - Feb 17, 2013 OCS
I called my recruiter today and reminded him that I am time critical. He said he would call his superiors today and inform them of my situation.

Hopefully I will get a date soon. This wait is really getting me down.

afwx

Booyahkah
Have any of the active duty guys got your FS letter?

I have not at this time. I haven't because I also applied to the Feb IDC boards and waiting to see if I am selected for one of those. If I do not get picked up then SWO it is. If I do then it is whatever IDC says I can be.

nelson0216

I have not at this time. I haven't because I also applied to the Feb IDC boards and waiting to see if I am selected for one of those. If I do not get picked up then SWO it is. If I do then it is whatever IDC says I can be.
I'm in the same boat, just wondering, so I could kind of guess the time frame I would be looking at?

afwx

Booyahkah
I'm in the same boat, just wondering, so I could kind of guess the time frame I would be looking at?

I dunno know, I'm sure if we would have said we accepted the SWO pro-rec immediately and not to worry about the IDC Feb boards then we probably would have had it by now (basing that on all the other people who have gotten theirs....so mainly speculation).

I dunno know, I'm sure if we would have said we accepted the SWO pro-rec immediately and not to worry about the IDC Feb boards then we probably would have had it by now (basing that on all the other people who have gotten theirs....so mainly speculation).

My OR said it relates to the order you listed your preferred designators on your package. I had listed SWO, then IW, then Intel. Becuase I listed SWO as my #1 choice, my package isn't even going to the Feb boards, and my FS letter was drafted on 26 Dec 12 (although I would've liked to have wiated to see the outcome of those Feb boards, personally). My understanding is that if you listed one of the IDC communities first, they're going to wait for results from that board. I don't know how it works if you tell them you want to take what you've already been offered though.

afwx

Booyahkah
My OR said it relates to the order you listed your preferred designators on your package. I had listed SWO, then IW, then Intel. Becuase I listed SWO as my #1 choice, my package isn't even going to the Feb boards, and my FS letter was drafted on 26 Dec 12 (although I would've liked to have wiated to see the outcome of those Feb boards, personally). My understanding is that if you listed one of the IDC communities first, they're going to wait for results from that board. I don't know how it works if you tell them you want to take what you've already been offered though.

Weird because I was told order really did not matter. What would have mattered is if the IDC boards were any later than February. If they were, then SWO would have been it. The NRC leadership here said it was okay for me to wait.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

exNavyOffRec

Weird because I was told order really did not matter. What would have mattered is if the IDC boards were any later than February. If they were, then SWO would have been it. The NRC leadership here said it was okay for me to wait.

The order does matter, just as CR said if you have SWO first and you are picked SWO then you are automatically processed for that for OCS, sounds as if your OR or processor was asleep in class.

afwx

Booyahkah
The order does matter, just as CR said if you have SWO first and you are picked SWO then you are automatically processed for that for OCS, sounds as if your OR or processor was asleep in class.

Interesting, so what would the next step be? I have the pro-rec .pdf and all other requirements complete. Would the FS letter just come in one day then? I said I wouldn't be ready until 1 Aug 13 so I see no hurry for the FS.

Chemystery

NFO Final Select - Feb 17, 2013 OCS
I talked with my OR on Thursday reminding him that I am a time critical applicant. He told me that he has notified his operations officer and that he will be talking with his processor. However, I have not received a Final Select letter. I turn 27 on June 1st and basically need an OCS date either Jan 27 or Feb 17 in order to commission before 27 years of age.

I sent a text message to my OR today asking what the status was or my FS letter and he has not responded. What should I do? I understand that harassing an OR is not the best way to get results, but at the same time...he basically forgot to inform his operations officer that I was age critical until I reminded him last week. :mad:

Any help with this matter would be appreciated.

exNavyOffRec

Interesting, so what would the next step be? I have the pro-rec .pdf and all other requirements complete. Would the FS letter just come in one day then? I said I wouldn't be ready until 1 Aug 13 so I see no hurry for the FS.

Often FS Letters don't arrive until around a month prior to OCS

exNavyOffRec

I talked with my OR on Thursday reminding him that I am a time critical applicant. He told me that he has notified his operations officer and that he will be talking with his processor. However, I have not received a Final Select letter. I turn 27 on June 1st and basically need an OCS date either Jan 27 or Feb 17 in order to commission before 27 years of age.

I sent a text message to my OR today asking what the status was or my FS letter and he has not responded. What should I do? I understand that harassing an OR is not the best way to get results, but at the same time...he basically forgot to inform his operations officer that I was age critical until I reminded him last week. :mad:

Any help with this matter would be appreciated.

If I was your OR I would have just communicated with the program manager directly, however there are some NRD's that like to control all aspects of their OR's, it looks like your hands are tied.

afwx

Booyahkah
Often FS Letters don't arrive until around a month prior to OCS

Do I have to sign a letter or something saying yes or no? Is there a max time I can wait? I tried to contact my OR today but he wasn't available. The last time I talked to him (right after selection notification in December) via email, he told me the district said it was okay to wait for February and still keep my pro-rec. He knows that my ultimate goal is USN-O and I don't want to lose the opportunity but if it can be like BK (your way right away) then it will be USN-O (insert IDC designation here). I don't feel like he would steer me wrong.