• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

RC

I went and talked to my recruiter for my monthly check in and he told me things are so backed up, overbooked, overloaded its not even funny. In fact, they are holding all of thier submissions until the fiscal year is over to submit them because they keep getting turned down. He told me that aviation is still open pretty much. Crypto and Intel is closed until 2003!! They are booked solid. Again, this is what i was told and i just wanted to pass it on. In closing, i feel lucky, really lucky, I submitted my packet 14 feb 2002, i found out i got accepted for the SNA slot on 28 Feb took the oath 5 march and got an OCS date of 1 sept, then was told a month later i was moved up to 25 aug. He did tell me that if i would have waited any longer, i may have been part of the waiting game. If there is any way i can help any of you out there with info or whatever let me know.

spidrwmn

RC - Yup, that seems to be the general consensus (sp?). Do you know when they are going to start sending in packets again?

- spider

RC

Well, they told me that they are just holding them for right now and will send them as soon as the new fiscal year starts and im pretty sure that is 01 OCT.
Spaceman - Remember, get them from credible sources. College Profs, Administrators, Higher Ranking military people if possible. There is a rule of thumb to remember, if the source is credible, there is a chance that they have written these things before. IF they dont have or havent had experience writing letters of recommmendation, stay away.

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
I ended up writing my own letters and getting them signed by credible sources. They love it when all they have to do is sign or change a coulple of lines.

Don't sweat the small stuff!

dewahl

It really doesnt matter if the communities are backed up or full right now. If they really want you they will slot you for a later date, just like all the SNA's. This was the poop that was scopped to me yesterday when I called them up there at CNRC. This really sucks IMO cuz it means you could be waitin a long time, albeit w/ a slot. Believe me,I know the waitin sucks. Remember to keep your options open and keep on pluggin if its really what you want.

Dave Wahl

dewahl

they start lookin at packages in July for the next FY, or sooner in the cases of SNA. Remember, NEEDS OF THE NAVY.

Dave Wahl

dewahl

Ditto that laster. You never know what they are lookin for from week to week. Its all a numbers and money game. If ya want it bad enough, just keep on applying you will get selected. Remember that if ya get turned down the first time use that time before ya resubmit to bolster your re-application. Plus, the fact that ya re stickin with it and re-submitting shows initiative. Finally, the new req's are usually opened up in the JUN/JUL timeframe for the next FY.

Dave Wahl

Spaceman Spiff

Question...I'm having my 3 month post PRK check-up next week and plan shortly thereafter to turn in my packet for SNA...would it be better for me to wait a week 'til July for the next FY? If I get rejected how long do I have to wait to reapply? Here's my stats... a 6 and the rest 7s on ASTB, 55 OAR, 2.95 GPA, 11:20run, 74 situps, and passed push-ups.

Kris

Edited by - spaceman spiff on 06/19/2002 23:40:45

ghost_ttu

The inconsistency of what I hear is killing me. Ok, I've been told that I need to retake the ASTB, but my scores are passing as is. He just told me that I need to have an 8 on the aviation section and I currently have a 5 on the aviation section. But I have above a 50 on my overall. He said if I wait until next Spring that I will get a slot most likely. But if I want a slot now that I need to retest. And he hasn't mentioned anything about having to wait to re-submit my application. Is there a wait time between a rejection?

vballindaytona

I'm going to OCS in Jan and im pulling out my records to give yall the stats. 5,6,5,6,5 on the astb shit, and oar 45. run time 11:30, 72sit, 58push, 3.0 gpa from ERAU in Aeronautical Science, w/ about 1000 hrs flight time. I never understood what those numbers on the astb meant, nor do i care, as long as i passed. ;)

Jonathan

Jeff

I would take what the recruiters say with a grain of salt. I mean I applied with similar stats to vball and got picked up, the big diff. between us is I had no flight time. I think its all about luck. My recruiter told me that he was certain I wouldn't get picked up for BDCP as a pilot because all the slots were full when I applied and I got accepted in a few days. So its all about timing and if you dont go in round one keep trying if you really want it. Best of luck.

Gabe2surf

I keep hearing you guys talk about how much flight time you have. I thought that is not considered when being selected for SNA slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.