• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

application question

dan15

First I'd like to thank everyone on this site for providing all the great info and motivation. I'm about to finish my application to OCS (SNA/SNFO). Got a bunch of LORs and a few interviews done. I was expecting to do the PRT and physical next, but my recruiter insists that its not necessary prior to being pro rec'd. I've noticed that everyone on this site has sent their results with the initial application. Is my recruiter misinformed? I don't want this to negatively effect my application. Any help would be appreciated.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Your recruiter will let you know what you need. If it turns out he's mistaken, you'll get a call and he'll just ask to set it up. Once you take it, he can enter it into the computer that very day, so it won't hold anything up if you do need it.

In short, they're not going to trash your application if something is missing (which I think is your main worry). They'll just call you and ask you to produce it.

joshmf

I was told the same thing by my recruiter (who's great, BTW, I'm not diming him out) but I had to scramble to get my PRT and MEPS done, as well as doing the SF-86 on the Navy's online system (NASIS???) rather then submitting a paper copy. It's delayed my Final Select significantly.

My advice is to tactfully ask to get your PRT and MEPS physical done as soon as possible- just say you're eager to get it out of the way. I highly doubt not having them in will cause you to be a non-select, but waiting for Final Select is painful

Good luck with the boards.

Goob83

None
First I'd like to thank everyone on this site for providing all the great info and motivation. I'm about to finish my application to OCS (SNA/SNFO). Got a bunch of LORs and a few interviews done. I was expecting to do the PRT and physical next, but my recruiter insists that its not necessary prior to being pro rec'd. I've noticed that everyone on this site has sent their results with the initial application. Is my recruiter misinformed? I don't want this to negatively effect my application. Any help would be appreciated.

PRT REQUIRED MEPS PHYSICAL NOT REQUIRED