• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

application cut-off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnutz

is there an application cut-off date for ocs? i am looking at occ 184 (october '03). more specifically, when does the pft need to be sent in? i think everything else is golden, but my pft is weak. is class 184 considered next fiscal year? thanks

davidsin

Officer Candidate Class 184 (10 week) October 5, 2003 - December 12, 2003

The Board usually reviews completed packets a month prior the first day of class. You have to submit your completed packet roughly a couple of weeks before the board convenes. That means you should have your contract, tests (astb asvab sat), physicals, PFT, waivers etc. complete. and fed exed.

Good luck

------------------------------------------
Semper Fi

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
I'm going for the same class, and my OSO won't even let me start putting my package together yet. What he told me is that he has to get all the applications for occ 183 (summer) sent off to the board before I can start doing my PFT and ASTB. Basically you should be able to take the PFT and ASTB and get the other parts of your "book" together in April and May, then send off a package in July or so. Your OSO will probably want you to do the PFT more than once, including one right before your package gets sent in so you have the best possible score. You can improve your PFT scores pretty significantly with training (my maximum number of pull-ups has doubled since this summer, from 7 to 14), so while you're waiting the best thing to do is just PT like crazy, and study for the air test. Of course, your OSO might do things slightly differently than mine (they all have different styles), so you should talk to them and see what they want you to do.

"Peace on earth to men of goodwill. All others stand by."

tnutz

i already did the astb and pretty much everything but the pft. realistically, i need a couple of weeks before i can run a respectable pft. if i could manage to squeeze in the summer class, that would be perfect. i was just under the impression that the class was already full...

jwnole

Class 184 is the first class of fy 2004. That is very good for us. We will be the first class available to begin filling next year's quotas.

sf-

-jw

esday1

That is pretty good to hear. I guess that sort of explains my OSO's attitude for the last few months- he's been trying to talk me into going for 183, otherwise it's been "well, if you're going for 184, give us a call back once we're done with the 182 and 183 guys." It makes sense when you realize that he's trying to fill this year's quota rather than next year's.

tnutz

can we get a "secure" spot in class 184 once class 183 is filled or would we have to wait until late summer for anything official?

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Originally posted by jwnole
Board convenes in August. Nothing official comes down until then.

Good Luck-

-jw

You sure about that August date? Does that mean all trying for FY '04 or '05 won't get news till then? No one I've talked to seems to know when aviation slots will open up again - seeing as they're currently frozen. Just wondering where you got your info. Thanks.

jwnole

I dont know anything about PLC, only OCC and I got the info from my OSO. Info confirmed by other Marine Officers in the know.

sf-

-jw

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Ok ..

I whipped out the handy little one sheet that came with my app that has the dates on it ... don't know if this will help but here we go ..

PLC (05-06)(Freshman and Sophmores)
1st Increment - May 25, 2003
2nd Increment - July 6, 2003

PLC (04)(Juniors)
Combined Course - June 1, 2003

OCC (College Seniors and Grads)
Class 181 (Fall) Oct 6, 2002
Class 182 (Winter) January 19, 2003
Class 183 (Summer) June 1, 2003
Class 184 (Fall) October 5, 2003

Now ... all I know about is 184 cause thats what I'm shooting for. According to my recruiter you have untill like June to get your package in and the LATEST we will find out is August but he said sometimes they meet a little early and maybe we'll know in July. I still have a bunch of hurdles to jump over so I'm just going to try and jump really high !!! 1st is MEPS in 2 weeks so wish me luck!!

Peace,

-Spin

esday1

Finding out in July would be really nice. What I heard from my OSO was August or early September at the latest.

Noke

I just heard OCC Class 183 in no longer taking male applicants, only female. I have passed the flight apptitude test and eye exam and they just but a stop on my physical. I thought the board had not even meet yet but the class is almost full? Anyone else having this problem?

Dolld

Does anyone know if any paintball is played at OCS? I suppose it would be a little different than regular paintball though.
Well hope you all have a good weekend.

Jonathan Williamson

My OSO seems to think that slots are still open for males this summer...I am REALLY hoping there are...

Originally posted by Noke
I just heard OCC Class 183 in no longer taking male applicants, only female. I have passed the flight apptitude test and eye exam and they just but a stop on my physical. I thought the board had not even meet yet but the class is almost full? Anyone else having this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.