• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Application Contents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grunt

I am still trying to find someone to work on starting the application process in the Navy, and as such have not been able to discuss the contents of the application with anyone. What, other than a physical and your ASTB score, are part of the package that is sent to the selection board? How long does it take to schedule, complete, and have results from the physical and ASTB? Do yon need a PRT on record (since it appears that I wouldn't attend OCS). Basically, I am trying to figure out how long this process will take once I actually find someone who will take responsibility for handling my application. I know my path may differ a bit due to the interservice transfer aspect, but this can give me a general idea of just when I may know something.

Thanks!

Mike the Grunt

Edited by - Grunt on 02/06/2002 08:16:38

Grunt

Hmmmm. The only problem I might have is the employer reference bit. My current employer cannot know I am applying. I WILL lose my job if that happens. Hopefully since I'm technically an interservice transfer I won't need to do that bit.

EPSQ questionnaire?

Mike the Grunt

Paul Burke

The current employer referrence shouldn't be needed given the circumstances. Previous employer referrences would be needed I'm sure.
The EPSQ is the form you have to fill out for obtaining a security clearance. The form basically asks everything about where you have lived and worked. It asks if it's ok to contact employers and if not it has space where you can describe the circumstances regarding it.

Grunt

Thanks for the info. I'll knock that out when I actually get to speak with someone willing to take my case (yes, I am getting a bit frustrated). I guess I'll call one of my old Comapany and Battalion Commanders to get recommendations. When they hear this they are going to keel over and die.

Mike the Grunt

AllenAzali

Your already in the services? Which one?

Dude if you need a recruiter just go to a MEPS, thats all I did I'm sure you'll find some recruiters there.

Phiman

Ok, I'm filling out the security questionnaire as well, and I had a couple of questions. First how important is having the exact dates, I mean down to the day? I can give most of them to the month, but getting the exact date that I started work somewhere like 7-8 years ago is a little rediculous. And second, I worked at a business that got bought out and has all new management, so I don't really have any old managers and such to have them contact, so who do I put for that, the new stores information or the old one? I guess I could ask the Lt. down at the ROTC unit, but I figured I'd be lazy and just ask y'all. Thanks.

Grunt

quote:
Your already in the services? Which one?

Dude if you need a recruiter just go to a MEPS, thats all I did I'm sure you'll find some recruiters there.

I left the active Army a bit under 2 years ago as Captain in the Infantry after 4 years of service. I'm in the IRR now and the Navy personnel system has no idea yet what do do with me, hehe. The recruiters can't do anything because I already hold a commission from the Army and the BUPERS folks are actively engaged in buck passing at this stage. I'm working through it though.

Mike the Grunt

O-man

I just got done with that security thing- I did it the best I had info for, and then they type it into a computer and it tells you whats wrong- and you fix it- so its no big deal. I hear that theres always tons of tings wrong at first. its no big thing. Whats the matter Grunt- not interested in the Marines anymore?
samper fi Lcpl O-man USMC

Grunt

quote:
Whats the matter Grunt- not interested in the Marines anymore?
samper fi Lcpl O-man USMC

Oh I am still keeping the Corps in mind, but I have a better chance of doing what I want to do in the Navy than in the Corps, so they get first crack. The finger pointing is getting old though. Fortunately, since I already have 4 active years as an officer, I am used to this nonsense and I understand that its part of beurocracy. Patience and the occasional "attack from above" will keep things moving.

Mike the Grunt

Phiman

You sure that you have to have the exact zip codes? Cause when I got a hard copy of the EPSQ on paper it didnt have a space for zip code on some of the addresses for someone who can verify you lived somewhere etc. and when I entered it into the computer and verified it, it didnt give me a problem.

williamw

Wow. I heard that it took a long time for them to do the work needed to give a security clearance, but I didn't realize it would take a full year. They must contact alot of people (hope I know enough people too satisfy the:). I guess mine will also take a little longer cause I initially gave my recruiter the info and he put it in the system - but I only had references going back for 6 years. I called him to give older names, and he told me that they'd just contact me for more info when they needed it (we've been trying to get my packet sent for ever b/c holiday delays and the fact that they forgot to get my blood type when they did the blood work). I guess the point of this rambling is that They can always contact you for more info so don't worry too much if you forgot something on the epsq.

Status
Not open for further replies.