• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Apollo 11 voice track, data and video

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Wow. Great find. That's pretty amazing what they put together.

Renegade One

None
That...was...awesome. Thanks for the find. Had my heart rate up as well, even though I knew how it was going to end.

Renegade One

None
Anyone else actually remember what they were doing as that all went down...live on TV? I was sitting in a beer and pizza pub in Hollywood called "Magoo's" (as I recall) with two of my best friends from high school (we were college sophs at the time home for the summer job thing..what Bryan Adam's calls "The Summer of '69)...and I remember it being on the TV at the bar (Walter Cronkite and the typical grainy B&W imagery from the external camera during the step-down)...but we were otherwise engaged bullshitting and catching up, and, sadly, didn't pay all that much attention. Finding this stuff later is priceless.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was a hinge, chasing CAT XX RPs on Sandblowers in the VA-44 A-4 RAG at Ceecil Field.:)
BzB

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Watched it last night with my 13 and 14 year olds - they were amazed watching it. Especially when I told them that the calculators they use in math class has more computing power than the computer on the LM.