• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API to Primary Wait - Whiting

jtmedli

pilot
*(Actually, VT-3 has a little program where post-GS guys wiat a little while until C4101...not sure how that works out for them.)

This must be new 'cause I have no F%*&ing clue what you're talking about. I finished GS and flew 4101 less than 5 days later.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Less than 5 days?

C4001
C4002
C4003
C4004
C4101

dur?
In the T-6 syllaus, our first flight is C4101. We don't have a 4000 block, but we do have a number of contact sims that the T-34 guys don't have. It's nice to have the gucci UTD/OFT. All of our flights (and sims) count for our NSS except C4101.

MasterBates

Then you can get pumped for an IA because you "have to fix your timing!"

Yep. Then it gets over fixed because you get extended, then you miss wickets needed to screen for LCDR/DH.

I am unaware of another service that has such a hard time requirement as the Navy's YG+11 for a mid career wicket.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

MasterBates

At best, they are neutral.. But the take seems to be IAs (right or wrong) are where commands dispose of the "trash" on the Pilot/NFO side.

Some of my SWO friends seem to have done well with IAs.

jtmedli

pilot
Then you can get pumped for an IA because you "have to fix your timing!"

Fwiw, a lot of my buddies from OCS are in the same boat. We're all getting pushed through pretty quickly. But yeah, I'm not exactly gonna be surprised if I get volun-told I'm going to have to do some IA billet in B.F.E. for a while.

Erin M.

pilot
Just an update: Not sure on the Navy side, but Marines are spending awhile sitting at MATSG before coming up to TW5. I was a "priority" guy coming out of API because I was behind my peers (med down for 2 months during IFS) and I had to wait about a month before heading up to TW5. Guys who were there before me are scheduled to come up here more than a month and a half after me. So, for Marines, expect at least a 2 month (probably more) wait coming out of API. I checked in to TW5 on the 19th. I was originally scheduled to class up with VT3 on the 27th of August, but I got moved up to the 13th with VT6. Although, that part is not typical. The guys I checked in with are all mid September.

Regardless, the wait at TW5 is significantly less painful than at MATSG.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
There is a guy here in Meridian who just made CAPT as a SERGRAD. My friend from Primary selected two weeks before me and hasn't classed up yet (I classed up today). I think things are moving extremely slow for the Marines right now.

VT6 is an awesome squadron and you'll have a good time...PM me for any particular details.

Erin M.

pilot
That sounds awful. Still, we are getting paid, and we get to fly. Even if the fleet is a century away, I'll still be happy just to be doing what I am doing.

Good luck in Meridian! I'm sure I'll be sending some PMs your way soon.