• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API to Primary ?'s

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Greatest over heard debrief in primary: just suck less next time and you should be all right.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Greatest over heard debrief in primary: just suck less next time and you should be all right.

I personally try to teach utilizing the "more/less cowbell" method. "That landing was okay, but next time, just a little more cowbell on the flare..."

As for the Quinta, what I want to know is how a "non-smoking room" can reek of so much smoke? It baffles the mind.

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
Hows it going everyone,
I'm graduating here soon, as well as commissioning, and I found out over X-mas I was selected for 1390. I'm just curious what the transition process is from API to Primary? In other words, can you choose where you want to go for Primary or is it all dependent on when you go through API? How does that all work?

NO MATTER WHAT THEY TELL YOU IN THE A-POOL, DO NOT VOLUNTEER FOR VANCE, IT DOES NOT GET YOU DONE ANY QUICKER, AND IT DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU JETS.

That is all.

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
I think the more underlying factor here is don't suck.

Yeah, but one's suckage is not always easy to correct. Giggles can however be warned about the evil "recruiters" that haunt the API halls telling poor kids in A-pool that Vance is awesome, and floating lies about guarantees and time-line-quickening.

UMichfly

pilot
None
Yeah, but one's suckage is not always easy to correct. Giggles can however be warned about the evil "recruiters" that haunt the API halls telling poor kids in A-pool that Vance is awesome, and floating lies about guarantees and time-line-quickening.

Anyone who tries to game the system like that deserves what they get from believing those "evil recruiters". Do your best, don't suck, and roll with what comes...even if it is Chair Force gheyness.

Here is my story. Moved to pcola at the beginning of june 07, started IFS at the beginning of august, I requested to go to Vance during IFS, started API a few weeks into September and found out that I was going to corpus (you find out where you are going to primary the day that you start API), Finished API on oct. 19th and checked in at corpus on oct. 21st, Started primary on oct. 26th and have been going every since. Now I'm in Las Cruces, NM trying to get caught up with the rest of my class.

I've got two buddies at vance. I really wanted to go there. Here are the pro's, no one ever seems to talk about the pros, there are only about 10 EP's that have to be memorized verbatim, you sit in an ejection seat in a pressurized cockpit, and you have auto rudder trim.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I've got two buddies at vance. I really wanted to go there. Here are the pro's, no one ever seems to talk about the pros, there are only about 10 EP's that have to be memorized verbatim, you sit in an ejection seat in a pressurized cockpit, and you have auto rudder trim.

That's because we know what pro's are...those aren't them.;) Believe it...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I've got two buddies at vance. I really wanted to go there. Here are the pro's, no one ever seems to talk about the pros, there are only about 10 EP's that have to be memorized verbatim

Aren't there really only about 10 for the T-34 (and no, I'm not counting split-flap)? I can only come up w/ 5 off the top of my head, but then I was never good at this memorization stuff.

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot

Yeah, "only Ten" but when they say verbatim, they mean write that fucker down, and if you dont capitalize a letter that capitalized in the pubs... or if you dont put a hyphen in a hyphenated word... you just downed a flight.

Oh, and there were also what are called "Non-Boldface Boldface" Where it may not be written you need to know it, but you'll down a stand-up if you don't know it.

And there is a bunch of other superfluos crap the Air force makes you learn a lot differently than the Navy... plus, they have different airspace limits, weather requirements, etc... that are NOT used in the Navy, that are NOT used by the FAA. It's a bunch of crap you need to Ram-Dump immediatly upon leaving there. So, your "positive points" aren't that positive.

FLY_USMC

pilot
I strongly doubt you know anyone who downed a flight SOLELY because they screwed up a boldface exam. But lets be honest, how retarded do you have to be to continuously screw up something that doesn't have a time limit and that you do EVERY DAY for like 6 months.

I have a tendency to defend Vance....not the Chair Force mind you. The Marines there went above and beyond to get my fellow Devil Dogs what they wanted in the end. One had jet grades and was slated to go to K-Rock, and the leadership got him a helo slot which he really wanted at a time when 52 and you WERE GOING J1 or J2....though he has since been screwed over by the quality spread nazi's. Another was too tall for jets, plain and simple. He now flies a tactical jet for the Marine Corps......solely because of the leadership at Vance.

You can hate the Chair Force.....I do....most of them....and you can hate their training....I personally didn't, but tainting people's perspectives on something they probably have little choice over is stupid.

Not sure about everyone else, but I have the amazing ability to brain dump information like it's going out of style, so if the 10 things you learned in so-called "hell" that don't apply to the Navy seem to still be lingering...you have bigger problems. I've learned new ways of doing things "regulation" wise in EVERY COMMAND I've been at, get used to it.