• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API start dates

NapalmRat

Does anyone have an idea of when API would start if I finish IFS around Xmas? Or for those of us who are going to pcola around oct 20?

tiger84

LT
pilot
Does anyone have an idea of when API would start if I finish IFS around Xmas? Or for those of us who are going to pcola around oct 20?

I can't say for the Marines since you guys have your own system for classing people up but for the Navy you pretty much class up right after IFS for the time being. That'll change as more people become IFS complete, though.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
You'll find out when you get there. No reason to worry about it now.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
IFS complete Marines arriving now are classing up November-ish. With the Charlie/Delta crunch coming up you will be looking at well after the first of the year. If you can, stay in Quantico to complete IFS. I've been here since July and my IFS date is in Jan.

S/F Doc

Killer2

TRONS!
None
If you want to class up early do IFS in Q-town come down here and say the magic word VANCE and you might go that much quicker. Then again it could change and that is most likely the case.

SMILE4BULLETS

ok, let me begin by saying that I have indeed searched this subject, but got no "hits." anyways, im about to get engaged and am planning to get hitched in april. ill finish TBS in december and im IFS complete. I know that Charlie is about to put a lot of SNA's down to P'cola shortly, and Delta has it's fair share too. My question is this: can I delay my pick up date for API or is it time to class up when "the Man" says so...ie needs of the Corps? Would I be shooting one of the few "silver bullets" that I have by asking for this kind of ridiculous stuff this early in the game? I would like to stay in the Whiting area if possible. Any light yall can shed would be BA. Thanks in advance.

alwysfaith

AV-8B Harrier Pilot's Wife
I have heard of people being "offered" a date and then not starting on that date for whatever reason. Seems like you may be able to delay it.

As far as the original post, right now start dates seem to depend on IFS complete or not and SNFO or SNA or not. We have a friend who not IFS complete and an SNA and he will start IFS in January they've told him, there are Lt's from the same TBS Co (Bravo) who are SNFO who are in IFS right now.

On the other hand there are some Alpha Co guys who are IFS complete SNA who have no API start date. I don't know of any Bravo SNA with IFS complete that have started API yet, a few might have dates though.

That's all I've gathered from the goings on around here. It can get confusing to try and sort out, but Florida is beautiful, so there's no harm in sticking around for a while and getting paid for it.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Smile4Bullets, You may or may not class up before April. That's about as certain as it gets. The MOCO is pretty serious about getting Marines into API as they are ready and when there's seats available. You are behind every IFS complete SNA from Alpha and Bravo so you won't be classing until probably DEC-ish at the absolute earliest. Within the TBS companies your start date goes by class ranking. People who bitch/argue about class dates can find themselves really f'd (going to Vance). You can ask for anything you want, however, be ready to reap the whirlwind. Whether or not you can delay your API date until April is going to be a matter of timing.

Best advice, check in to P-cola and go on leave. Go to the JOP and have the big wedding later.

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
Within the TBS companies your start date goes by class ranking.

Seriously? So TBS class ranking will have an effect on something after graduation (besides the promotion factor)? Please elaborate.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
When you arrive in Pensacola, the most even handed way of determining who starts first is determined by your class ranking at TBS. It's that simple.

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
I see...thank you for enlightening me. What are some passtimes I can expect while in the A-pool awaiting API? (I have a private license and no need for IFS).

Killer2

TRONS!
None
Depends could work at one of the local VTs or at MATSG or no job. If you want something ask for it, but be careful what you ask for that all I am going to say take it as you want.