• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API rumor control

red_ryder

None
Dude. It's not a big deal to muster in whites; they're cooler in the heat anyway. The API people will always figure out fun games to keep you occupied while you're in A-pool and don't have anything better to do.

That being said, I always resented it, just a little...the rest of us weren't THERE to prevent whatever it was from happening. They scold us for not looking after our "buddies", most of which we don't even know, but I have yet to have the chance to prevent something like this.

As I have always said about scare tactics and treating us like kids...you get out what you put in...or maybe just a heavy-handed way to teach a lesson?

Stearmann4

I'm here for the Jeeehawd!
None
Well, Yeah.... :)However, with that statement, "If I can just reach one A-pooler" I think I've summed up my complete objective in starting this thread.

Actually to the layperson, it would appear your purpose was to take the high ground and soundly announce to all who live in AW-Land that you are consistently exercising good judgement, while simultaneously advising peers to do the same, and publically admonishing those who choose the path of recklessness and deceit.

So in short, you're a brown noser in the highest order. Junior officers will and should drink and be rowdy cuz' as you progress it's less and less acceptable. If a guy meets his demise by getting drunk beyond help, it can be chalked up to poor judgement, maturity, or both. None of which will be magically cured by the time winging comes around. Watching out for a brother is one thing, repeatedly having to save someone from being a dumbass is a character flaw.

Sounds harsh? The multiple thousands of officers and pilots who partied like rock stars, and survived with careers intact are a testament that it can be done without another student acting as house mother. You are destined to be the squadron Voting and Navy Relief Officer...

MR-

hokieav8r

~Bring the Wood!~
None
I have to say this is the most interesting AW read in about a month. Too bad it's about this stupid shit.

I 2nd this. I think what we all need as a diversion and some good ol blood letting mayhem is to go find some faker and start a new thread with their face plastered all over for all to see! Yes, I'm talking about someone who would fall under the graces of the Stolen Valor Act! I really hate those guys!

I got a good one if someone has the time to research it!

Oh.....and don't fuck up in the ville.....

BeerMe

So in short, you're a brown noser in the highest order. Junior officers will and should drink and be rowdy cuz' as you progress it's less and less acceptable. If a guy meets his demise by getting drunk beyond help, it can be chalked up to poor judgement, maturity, or both. None of which will be magically cured by the time winging comes around. Watching out for a brother is one thing, repeatedly having to save someone from being a dumbass is a character flaw.

this

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
Actually to the layperson, it would appear your purpose was to take the high ground and soundly announce to all who live in AW-Land that you are consistently exercising good judgement, while simultaneously advising peers to do the same, and publically admonishing those who choose the path of recklessness and deceit.

Sounds harsh? The multiple thousands of officers and pilots who partied like rock stars, and survived with careers intact are a testament that it can be done without another student acting as house mother. You are destined to be the squadron Voting and Navy Relief Officer...

MR-

shit

teabag53

pilot
Wholeheartedly agree with Stearman. Some people are just going to do dumb shit. One part of the key to this whole flyin' biz is knowing your limitations and not f'ing it up...this little tidbit applies to everywhere from in the bar, to the squadron, to the cockpit. The other part is not being a pussy.

Personally, I'd rather have a jackass demonstrate their inability to tard-handle themselves away from the cockpit.

Man up and grow a f'ing mustache.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Wholeheartedly agree with Stearman. Some people are just going to do dumb shit. One part of the key to this whole flyin' biz is knowing your limitations and not f'ing it up...this little tidbit applies to everywhere from in the bar, to the squadron, to the cockpit. The other part is not being a pussy.

Personally, I'd rather have a jackass demonstrate their inability to tard-handle themselves away from the cockpit.

Man up and grow a f'ing mustache.

Yep.

SDNalgene

Blind. Continue...
pilot
What is the big deal? You have to muster in whites as collective punishment? Ouch. Let me shed a tear for you as you are home playing X-box and twiddling with yourself by 0900. API, regardless of how "inhumane" the treatment at muster happens to be the next few weeks, it is an amazing period of incredible free time with way more disposable income than most of you will know what to do with. I wouldn't trade you spots by any means, but enjoy it for what it is.

Also, I would recommend against being the JO who publicly tells all the other JOs how they should be conducting themselves. That JO tends to have trouble making friends. In groups there are always going to be people who fuck up and screw up the good deal for everyone. It's quite likely that one day you will be that dude; no matter how responsible you think you are invariably you will miss a meeting, be late to a brief, or do some other unintentional, boneheaded thing to bring down pain upon yourself and your friends. If you are a dick to them and try to be dad when they screw up take a wild guess how they will treat you when you are the moron. Just a little something to think about.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
So an A Pool rumor is actually true. I was pulling into 633 and the parade field was festooned with a sea of white. Sucks to be the one guy in khakis. His wingman must really suck.