• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API Question

StorminNorman

Trying to hit the Dangerzone
Hey all,
I had a quick question for any recently graduated API students. As a recent selectee for an air contract (SNA) in the USMC, I heard that API is the ultimate judge on whether or not a SNA or SNFO. In other words, is it true at the end of the course they determine whether or not a student will train as an NFO or a Naval Aviator? I searched on here but couldn't find anything. Thanks for your time,
V/r,
Ross Norman

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Completely false.

Since you received a SNA contract, you are going to train to be a pilot. You are going to OCS knowing you'll be training to be a pilot.

Your SNFO brethren have contract that say SNFO.

Cavt

Living the dream
pilot
Yeah man, who ever told you that was either yanking your chain pretty hard or was just crazy. Now what they may have been thinking is that when you get to Pensacola and get the NAMI Whammy that if you aren't qualified to fly then you may be able to get a NFO slot...I'm not sure if this happens, but thats the only thing I could think of your contract switching.

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
Well... call it incomplete gouge if an SNFO finishes in the top 10% of the total class based on all grades (PT, academics, ect) then they (normally) are given the option to switch to SNA.. but thats the Navy side of the house. I'm not sure about USMC. But rest assured your papers say SNA, so baring and whammy stuff, you will be fine.