• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

fate66usn

heading to API this week. Checking in 28 MAR. I would be interested in talking to anyone looking for roomates. I'm staying at the BOQ temporarily, or for the duration of API which ever comes first. From Houston, TX graduated from Rice NROTC Program and finished up IFS.

Anyone who can help with getting a study group together, or ways to cruise through the physical would be great. I don't think I'll have a problem with classes if I can get past the NOMI. 20/25 between you and me, they haven't had a problem with it yet though. Everyone is getting surgery at the ROTC here so they can get pilot, but it was too late for me.

Any advise?
scared_125.gif

ENS Charlie Pruitt

steviey

hey fate,
check out this link. It may help you with what you should expect P'cola:
http://www.matsg.com/MAPP%20Files/primer.htm#partone
Also check out the MATSG web site, it should list options for housing on and off base. Good luck!

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Dont worry about the swim. You will swim alot before the one mile and instructors will give you proper form instruction. Even the weakest swimmers in our class made it. 80 min is along time. Don't stress about it now. You'll get plenty of practice before the test.

Dave

AMaguire

Originally posted by Toddkeith
I'm a little worried about the 1 mile swim in flight gear. Any tips?

todd

Dave's right. I'm not Navy guy and the mile was easy enough to handle. Two things...
1.) DONT FREAK OUT (always helps around water I've found and that goes for the dreaded "Tread-and-Float" esp!)

2.) TAKE WHAT THE POOL INSTRUCTORS SAY AS GOSPEL and in practice don't just try to go as fast as possible cause everyones passing you and you think you look stupid. Just work the proper form! I'm in the AF and from the fridged north and never swam a mile combined my whole life, but made it just fine cause I did what they told me. The hardest part was holding it. (Man, did I have to piss after!)

74:19 is not slow... It's just proper time management.

API Class 0324

unfUSN

Looks like I will be stuck in the pool for a few weeks with a couple of you guys. I am transfering to P-cola in late June to start API (as a SNFO). My orders are NLT June 27th... so I'll probably check in right around then. I could use a vacation after some sea time, but I hate the idea of just sitting around for 3 months
banghead_125.gif

ENS Payne

There is nothing more enticing, disenchanting, and enslaving than the life at sea.
- Joseph Conrad

Oscar

E-2C Rag Student
Don't be afraid to use the Vaseline. Lube yourself up, or you'll be hurting the next day...

Toddkeith

I also am a SNFO select and headed to Pensacola in June. I will be there around the first though. I'm trying to dispell roumors. I have heard that the wait to start API is like 10 or 15 weeks right now. BUT I also heard that SNFOs get classed up faster than SNAs. ANY truth to that?

Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.