• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AP reports that saddam hussien captured in Tikrit

Status
Not open for further replies.

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
Yeah, I read the article too. I'm really starting to change me opinions about this war. Amazing job, soldiers!

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/12/14/sprj.irq.main/index.html

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Nothing like waking up to great news
thumbup_125.gif

Alex Fowler

I get CNN breaking news updates as text messages on my cell phone, and on the "messages" screen it shows the first part of the text which is usually the location (LONDON-AP, NEW YORK-AP, BAGHDAD-AP, etc)...usually when I wake up in the morning and see one that says "Baghdad" I cringe because it means more of our boys are dead...today I woke up and there were about 8 messages starting with "Baghdad" so you can immagine I was prepared for the worst...but this is awesome

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
What great news to hear during the holidays! Hard work always pays off. God Bless our troops, and may God continue bless America. OORAH

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
Outstanding! I think it was the 4th I.D. that got him. Thank God for the brave and selfless soldiers we have over there.

bart27

I also awoke to the great news. Our men and women serving in Iraq have done an incredible job. I just wonder if it was better to find him alive or to have found him dead. Oh well, we "got him." Nice job troops.

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
Absolutely awesome!!! Congratulation to all of America's fighting forces...I don't care which branch your in...your dedication and determination have paid off once again; from the person manning a radar station on a carrier, to the food services people, to the grunts and aviators...Ooooh Rahhh.

DairyCreamer

I gotta say, this is incredibly great news to wake up to. I look forward to our CINC's speech later this afternoon.

~Nate

Originally posted by TNWhiskey
Absolutely awesome!!! Congratulation to all of America's fighting forces...I don't care which branch your in...your dedication and determination have paid off once again; from the person manning a radar station on a carrier, to the food services people, to the grunts and aviators...Ooooh Rahhh.

version2point0

can you jist immagine the look on the soldiers face as they came around the corner and saw who they captured? *shock*

also: not to be the voice of doubt... but are we sure it is him and not a double? was this a prelim report or is that punk finally ours? and if it is him, are we going to put him on trial for war crimes or are we going to whoop information out of him?

-=edit=-

i just read the CNN news story that was posted above so here is my edit: WOO HOO!!!!!!

as for being tried by iraqis for his crimes against iraqis, is he going to have a public defender? im sure that guy will hate his job. if not, then good luck is the only thing keeping him from being drawn and quartered by horses.

-v2.0

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Being in Hawaii, I got woken up by family and friends calling to tell me to turn on the news!! Absolutely the best christmas present to get. Congrats to the 4th ID and the special forces troops that took part in the raid, and all the soldiers, sailors and marines that helped get us to this point, makes me proud to be one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.