• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone Waiting?

IT1toOfficer

Class 0606!!! New Ensigns!!! (as of Jan27th)
Is there anyone that’s been selected for Crypto (Information Warfare) recently that knows their OCS class up date? I’m just curious.

For those of you that have been to OCS within the past year for crypto. How long did you wait before you headed to OCS (after you rec your final select)?

Like I said I’m just curious.

Thanks for all the assistance.

IT1(SW)

hlriver

So IT1 how did you find out? Did you call, someone called for you or they called you?

CTI1(NAC)

IT1toOfficer

I talked to a Chief (cant give his name out) that works for the crypto community at CRNC. He's the one recruiters and fleet processors work with directly. We've been in contact with him for weeks. He knew that my back was against the wall. He told me that they would be in late friday and to call him around 1700 or he would call me. He called me around 1715 and he gave me the good news..

IT1

hlriver

Good deal, I will call next week. I will either get picked up or negotiate for my next orders next week. I guess it will be an interesting week...

astrov99

NOT a flyboy
I got selected in February 03, reported to OCS in Oct 03. Had to do with the whole fiscal year rollover.

hlriver

A female in my last command got picked up around June/July 2003, her class was in January 2004. Looks similar to your situation...

IT1toOfficer

I know they have been putting people in faster lately.. I hope I get in Before November.. but thats out of my control. ..

It's just that I've already turned over my LPO duties and everything else because I was getting ready to transfer...Now I have to find a job to hold me over..LOL

IT1

astrov99

NOT a flyboy
You probably will leave fairly soon. I say that simply because the fiscal year rolls over in October, and the Navy all of a sudden has all sorts of money to buy new planes, initiate new ship construction, and send a few IW officer selectees through OCS. :)