• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone know the class number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkonomics

Does anyone know what the class number will be for the class starting 22 March, 03? I'd like to start giving out my address @ OCS. Thanks in advnace...

funkonomics

Thanks a bunch for the info, Patmack18. One more question if I may...Do you know if GySgt Roquemore has his (I assume, pleasde correct me if it's a her) own division song? And, if so, the million dollar question: You don't happen to know it?

frogggystyle

GySgt Roquemore is Satan reborn. He is so scary that other classes hum the tune from Star Wars whenever Darth Vadar came around. He is a thick dude, very imposing. The first and only time I ever saw racks out of sleeping spaces is when one of his classes failed their 4th week RLP. He made them drag their matresses and racks out in the hallway and push them around for a few hours. He is just brutal. Oh, don't laugh at his stutter. hehehe

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - General George Patton (1885-1945)

funkonomics

Are you serious, frogggystyle? Or just yanking our chain?
blindfold_125.gif

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Sounds like you guys have a lot to look forward to. Just remember that's his job. Semper Fi

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.
-Col.3:23-

funkonomics

As my brother, retired USMC, put it to me: Some DI's get a kick out of making your life a living H**l. Because you're both Navy, and future officers.
I look forward to the experience, nonetheless. Whatever doesn't kill you...

frogggystyle

No, I am completely serious. That guy is the scariest DI in OCS. He has a studder with a deep voice. You want to laugh sometimes, but you just can't because he is so damn scary. They guy is think and full of muscle. He walks with a slinky swagger, like a hairless gorilla looking for something to kill. hehehe Oh...and when you are out doing a victory run with him, and someone in uniform does not stop and render a salute to the colors...oh my god...you have never seen a man inspire that kind of fear. He charges after Marines, veins buldged out in his shaved head, eyes bugged out of his sockets, and just unloads on them at the top of his voice. It is so freaky to watch him do that. God love his discipline and patriotism...I'm just glad I was never on the receiving end of one of his ass chewings.

In the chow hall...hehehe...he is fun to watch when you are a Candi-O. You are just *so* glad you are beyond that phase of ass chewing when he gets busy in there. He jumps up on the tables...kicks glasses and various objects all over...hehehe, lots of fun to watch as a spectator. He is the most dreaded thing on two legs if you are an underclassman and not doing something correct.

Roquemore rocks though. He is a damn good Marine; one of the best. He kills his classes, (and yes, I am very serious about the day I saw him make is class drag their racks and matresses out of their rooms and push them up and down the hallways) this is true, but there is one thing he does not let slide by him - turds that are trying to become Naval Officers. He just kicks them out of his class and sends them to GTX to class up with some other DI. He just won't have turds in his class. He is all business...until you see him out on the town at one of the...uhh...various businesses that cater to male interests. hehehe He is a very cool guy outside of the OCS arena.

Every single one of those DIs is an awesome person outside of OCS. There is no other group of people that I would more willingly go to war with than a group of Drill Instructors; they inspire me that much. They are so on the ball, and many of them have either been snipers, in Recon, or have been in combat. They all have a job to do, and it involves complete professionalism while they are on the job. After hours it's time to cut loose, though. Believe it or not (you won't believe it while you are there) they are human.

The first time you see them unwind is usually at your softball game that you play when you are closer to graduating. It is your class versus the DIs, Chiefs, and class officers. Lots of food/drink...and the staff usually kicks the crap out of the students. Of course, they get to practice softball every week or two with every single class that comes through, so they have an advantage.

Have fun if you get Roquemore. He expects and demands a lot from every student, and if they don't live up to his expectations...oh man...standby to standby.

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - General George Patton (1885-1945)

frogggystyle

And Funkonomics, pain is just weakness leaving the body. ;)

aslam

I just read your post froggystyle and now I am shivering. Hehe, I am starting OCS in less than 2 weeks...
bigeyes_125.gif

ASLAM.

frogggystyle

All the DIs will tear you up for the first few weeks. That is how they break everyone down. In fact, they *love* tearing into other classes. That is where you will see people getting class Delta and Charlie chits. In these cases, you actually want your own DI around to protect you from the other DIs.

Imagine boot camp in the movie Full Metal Jacket. The way the DIs yell is kinda like that, but more PC. They aren't supposed to swear, but they can still be ruthless. The first day we met my DI, he came flying into the compartment space and slammed a kid up against a locker because he was moving around when everyone else was at attention. A day later he was demonstrating how to properly cut the tags off of our clothing. One kid put his hand on his face, the DI literally jumped over me, pinned the kid to the ground, and gritted his teeth saying, "How many times have I told you all not to put your hands near your face?" We were exposed to our DI for only 2 days at that point in time, but he definitely made it clear the very first minute he walked in that we are not to touch our faces.

It sounds worse than it is. These are not everyday occurances. Your experiences may differ. But, I promise you, your DI will *not* be your buddy in the first few weeks. You will more than likely dread seeing him (or her). They are supposed to be mean. You are there to learn respect, discipline, and teamwork. If one person fails, you all fail. If one guy wants to be an individual and wear boxers to PT instead of the issued jockstrap, and the DI finds out, you will all be playing in the cold wet sand that is infested with fire ants that *LOVE* to bite. Either that or the grass, which has just as many fire ants.

Just focus on what you are doing, focus on doing things correctly, focus on teamwork, focus on doing *exactly* what your superiors instruct you to do, and you will be OK. If it was *truly* a brutal training program, there would be very few Naval Officers, right? Rarely does anyone fail out of OCS, so it is doable...you just have to give 100% a 100% of the time.

funkonomics

Thank you for your candor, froggystyle. It is much appreciated. It's good to know that DI's are still getting physical with students. I'm sure I will think differently once there, but I'm looking forward to experiencing all of this. It will make for some sick comedy later in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.