• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

anyone in the same boat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard from an F-16 pilot that the Thunderbirds aren't necessarily the best sticks in the AF. He said they were mainly there to fulfill an image, sort of like the flag guard vs infantry in the army. Just what I heard though.

But futrMarineBlueAngel, usunkmybattleship, just set goals and go for it. If you make it, great, if not, then you'll still be far better off if you hadn't worked for anything. For example, I worked my ass off to get into the USNA and USAFA, and I didn't make it, but now I'm going to AZ state on a full civilian and AFROTC scholarship and I can reapply to the academies next year. I know if it wasn't for my definite goal I wouldn't have worked nearly as hard, I wouldn't be nearly as prepared for college, and I wouldn't have gotten the scholarships. The old cliches 'you only get what you put into it,' and 'if God closes a door He opens a window,' are so true. Just my .02, but it got me through.

Good luck

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Here it is straight from USNA's website

http://www.usna.edu/Admissions/steps2.htm

Basic Requirements for Eligibility:

United States citizen:

Good moral character;

At least 17 and not past their 23rd birthday on 1 July of the year they would enter the academy;

Unmarried;

Not pregnant; and

No dependents.

If you meet all of the above requirements continue to Step 3: Preliminary Application.

If you are in high school but not old enough to apply, you may request printed information and be entered into the Naval Academy database by filling out the request information form. Once entered into the database, you will be forwarded an application to the Naval Academy Summer Seminar during the spring of your junior year. This application will also serve as a preliminary application to the Naval Academy.

Integer1

Banned
Thisguy is right, you should have checked the admissions web site. If you knew that the web site states that you can't join at 16, and you know that you turn old enough only after your freshman year begins, than that's that. Age is not waiverable under any case. You must be 17+ or less than 23 on the day that you enter. As for the summer seminar thing, call the Academy and explain to them that your "junior" year in high school you're actually going to be a senior, so maybe you can still apply for the NASS.

This is off topic, but I can't believe how many people here want special circumstances. I've never thought there would be such a lot.

futrMarineBlueAngel

I wouldn't have asked on here if I hadn't looked at the source first. Just wondering if anyone had ever heard of an age waiver. It was a long shot, but worth a chance. And, as the title states, I wanted to know if anyone on this forum is having the same problem with the summer seminar. I've read the USNA's website...more than once. Thanks for all of your responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.