• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone in Oceana area????

KimberlyD

heyjoe said:
There are paid Pre-K schools in VB.

Paid as in Meyera & the City Council putting the money into the school system to pay for it rather than us as parents signing the check directly, sorry, guess that needed clarification.

Ocean Lakes can be an excellent area, it's a huge area & some neighborhoods are good, some are bad, they're all relatively new. Yes, it's noisy. You'll be advised of the AICUZ when you're looking at a house but ultimately, if you're just renting, not a big thing. Unless you want to align yourself w/ the Idiots Against Jet Noise (CCAJN), I wouldn't worry too much ab jet noise while associated w/ the military. I'm not sure if I would buy in Ocean Lakes purely b/c the City Council can't decide if they are going to bow to BRAC's threats & either way it becomes a precarious situation to be in right now but it is a nice area. Corporate Landing Elementary School that services a large chunk of that area is a year round school though, in VB only some of the schools are year round. Can get quite confusing.

kelly

D_macs Wife
WOW!! Thanks everyone for all the info!! I won't mind the jet noise, now the kids it might be a different story, with a jet flying over at 4 am but they will adjust..(maybe with some ear plugs at night!! LOL) There are a lot of house to rent in the OCean Lakes area, and fairly reasonable...so we will see. Any of you spouses with any of the guys in the rag there in Oceana?? Looking to meet some new people when we get there. Thanks again to all for the help!

Kelly

Fred

There are nice area's in both Green Run hs are Larkspur ms. I can't think of the name of the neighborhood right now, but it's only about 2 years old, won all sorts of awards, and is located right next to Green Run High. Houses are going for well over $400K. My friends sister lives there, it's a beautiful master planned community. We also have friends who live in Larkspur Meadows. They have a 3,600sqft 6 bedroom brick home that about 7 years old. Gorgeous neighborhood.

There are several neighborhoods off Indian River road, Indian River Farms, Hillcrest Farms, Dewberry Meadows, Morgan's Walk, River Oaks, etc., that have pretty much only 4-5 bedrooms houses. These neighborhoods are all between 3-10 years old, and have the one of the top rated elementary schools in the city. (if you are still here for K)

Lake James in Kempsville also has mostly 4 bedroom homes. Most were built in the mid to late 80's. It's a great location. Easy to get to Oceana, 3min from I64, 10min from Greenbrier, etc.

We have friends who live in Ocean Lakes also. It can get pretty noisy over there. Her main complaint about that area is how narrow the streets are, and how close the houses are together. Her house was much less expensive though than it would have been in other areas. Which is a plus. :)