• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone here Soar Gliders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AviatorMR239

not yet, but there are several places in florida that offer glider training, and i've looked into what it costs to get certified. it's been reccomended to me by CFI who also trains in gliders as a way to learn energy management, which helps to be comfortable with in the event of an engine failure in a powered aircraft. the 7:1 glide ratio of a cessna is nothing compared to the 30:1 you can see in a glider, plus the serene atmosphere and simplicity make it worth checking out

riley

A guy I work with flys gliders. He said it would take only about 10 hrs of transition time if you have your pilot certificate. Always wanted to do that - especially if given the chance to fly in the Rockies...

Airborne

cool, I have my Gliders Solo right now, havent had enought time to work towards license. just a cheap way till I can be a military pilot :)

Bliz

I've been dual in one a few times. I'm planning on getting a glider rating this summer. Heard it doesn't take too long, and it's fun as hell! :icon_smil

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just think of the engine out landing practice you'd get!

Status
Not open for further replies.